Olivia all over the place

2y 7m 18d

When we were dating, I told Hubby that if my past sexual issues ever caused problems in our intimacy, I would seek help again. I had just finished a 2-year sexual therapy when we met. Well, we started having problems on our day 1 as a married couple. I was lucky to get a docs appt the same week and a referral to physical therapist/ sexual counsellor in 2 weeks.

It sucks, but I try to stay hopeful. Hubs is patient and understanding but this is still shit.

12 Likes

You are a smart and wise lady.

5 Likes

I need to renew my IDs, cards etc anyway bc I got married, so I did something else too.

I made Olivia my official third name :relieved::partying_face:

6 Likes

You look lovely! :purple_heart: Do you think the stress of the build up and then final release of the wedding had anything to do with problems reoccurring?

3 Likes

Possibly, but our problems continue. I’m thinking it’s many things: the abuse I went thru, painful gyne visits, muscle tension/age/overweight and something I can’t put my finger on. I’m seeing a physical therapist (with a sexual therapist degree) next week.

5 Likes

How did you do that?

Just add it with your name change??

And don’t sweat the little stuff, I get it your seeking help, via the means you need to and that’s fair,

Your hubs seems like a good egg from the very few times I talked with him, but if he loves you and truly believes your his happy ever after, he’ll gladly be patient and understanding.

Lastly, your nails should have been slime green…. And you need to speak to him in English cause he probably knows more English than I do Finnish,

No Niin and sauna, oh and pronouncing the name of the province you use to live in, that’s all I got

2 Likes

I had to file a separate application for first name change and a totally different one for last name change. It’s handy since you can do it online. For my passport application I need to be identified in a police station. They want fresh fingerprints and a signature sample. They’re very strict about passports here.

I’m so sorry, slime green was not one of our wedding theme colours. If you dye your hair bright slime green before July, I’ll do my nails too.

3 Likes

It’s on

2 Likes

I’m getting more and more immersed into my new life with Hubby. He’s been taking me hiking, off-roads, knee deep snow and to be eaten alive by mosquitos. I knew I’d be signing up for it. I like it, most of the time. Turns out, I became a city girl in my single years LOL, so now I’m learning the ways of the countryside again.

We went fishing in a near by lake (I have no idea why such a small shallow muddy puddle counts as a lake but ok) tonight. I don’t have a licence to fish so I was operating a outboard motor while Hubby was trying his luck with a spinning rod. I haven’t been fishing since the 1990s and it’s been ages since I was on a boat too. The boat looked so battered I thought the poor bastard will surely sink :smile: It didn’t. We had a nice time, it was a lovely weather and sun set. I couldn’t touch the fish or kill it (yet)… but I’m walking off-roads again :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

However, I am going to get a set of outing clothes and some gear that I don’t mind getting smeared with fish goo. I’m still cherishing my pristine everyday wear LOL

Tagging @SoberGuyUSA cause you might appreciate a fishing story LOL

9 Likes

He is lucky you are going with even if you are not handling the fish…:wink:

3 Likes

Olivia!!! Congratulations :unicorn::two_hearts: on your marriage!! I’m so happy for you!! Milele had filled me in a while ago and I just came back on ts…I’ve missed you all so much!!

4 Likes

Hello dear! Thank you! My life is suddenly very different, mostly in a good way. Hubs is a good guy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’m so glad you’re back! We’ve missed you loads!

2 Likes

When I joined back in Aug 2020, I couldn’t even fathom what 1000 days would be like. I’ve never gone so long without acting out (I think, I’ve never kept count) and it seemed beyond me.

Here I am. So how does 1000 days feel like? Honestly, I’m wondering how time went so fast :sweat_smile: It’s like I just started this journey yesterday. Dang. It is an accomplishment for sure but I don’t want to dwell in it. Today is just one day, like yesterday, tomorrow and all the days I still have. I need to make smart and right choices NOW.

Thank you tribe for listening, caring, reaching out and also calling me out on my bs :sparkling_heart:

15 Likes

Congratulations on your 1,000, it adds up!! Happy for you Olivia!!! :heart:

4 Likes

Congratulations :clap:

4 Likes

Congratulations Olivia! Welcome to the comma club! :tada:

4 Likes

Congratulations @Olivia !
So Happy For You!
It’s nice to see you happy, just married and with the 1000 days! You just keep getting stronger and better!! Time does fly and I’m glad you’re living it!

3 Likes

1,000 days is amazing. You are doing things not possible 1,001 days ago. Wonderful!

2 Likes

Infatuation

Now there’s a word I’ve felt powerless against SO. MANY. TIMES. It’s quite a human feeling to have and yet, it can be amplified by one’s brokenness. I used to see myself as a serial crusher. As if my soul was just seeking ANYONE to latch herself on to. I loved the buzz, hated the disillusionment and was totally exhausted after I got rid off an infatuation. Ugh!! Till I got sucked in again. I didn’t know how to handle it so I kept feeding it and indulging in it, FFS!

Fast forward to today. I’m newly married and still riding a pink cloud (it’s really nice, like a holiday after working 2 decades straight LOL). There’s a guy at my work that I just saw a few days ago. He was working at a register opposite to me and I couldn’t get my eyes off of him. WHYYYYY??? Then I realised he looks a bit like my husband but younger. Ok, I can work with that but I could still feel the buzz building. When I got home I told Hubs, we talked and even had a light hearted joke. He wasn’t upset and I was able to nip my infatuation in the bud.

A lesson learnt.

11 Likes

I love that you could talk openly to your husband about that!! What progress for you. I’m glad you found love and can feel the difference between love and infatuation.

2 Likes