One word on how you feel today

Stay strong! What’s going on?

1 Like

Been a really boring day, staying in at home with the kids all day, don’t have the finances to do stuff and the park is so close its like an extension to my home, going crazy with withdrawal I did my distribution order for work, ordered my anemia Meds, put a complaint through on email, done my laundry, got dressed and done shopping at the local shop, but I’m still agitated and restless with an aching head without drinking, faced my domons with my sister and I still have an urge to drink so bad I want to cry

1 Like

How many days do you have sober?

5 days, I am aware that it takes up to 5-7 days for your body to start detoxing and that’s when my body yells at me and my head is all over the place, I’m trying to write a report on myself too as to why I started drinking in the first place, don’t know if I’m asking too much of myself, my post will be lengthy but beneficial I think and hope to post all about me in the group, I want to heal but am I expecting too much of myself so soon, emotionally confused

2 Likes

The first week is tough, I started to clean every tiny spot in my appartment to keep my hands moving.
Going for a long walk, doing sports, meditating or checking in here every hour if needed may help. Here always is someone to talk to :wink:

4 Likes

I think in early recovery it is good and healing to think about your ultimate reasons for drinking, and your reasons for quitting, and writing it all down helps so much. I was kind of obsessed with doing things that had to do with recovery, like reading about it and writing things down, and reading everyone’s stories on this forum. I don’t think it is asking too much to explore these things. But maybe you feel overwhelmed? What is it that is making you feel overwhelmed?

Tired and looking like I wear a red Clowns nose :joy:
Finally the sneezing has stopped. I’m on my couch now curled up in my blanked like a human burrito.

1 Like

Daily life is making me feel overwhelmed, I am a chef for starters, dealing with the daily menu, orders, distribution, stock control, budget, allergy, etc, never mind the shit that goes on behind closed doors, I’ve been under scrutiny from social care because of domestic violence towards me which is now resolved and then dealing with the fact I’m the only one who works in my house, sorry for sounding resentful. I am trying to make it all work and be sober, I’m tired of being tired for my boys

2 Likes

Wow, you have a lot going on. I know this first week is really hard, especially because of withdrawal. But think about how much better able to handle all that craziness you’re going to be sober and past withdrawal! You will be on top of your game, ready to handle it all with a clear mind and energy. There are some threads on here about how awesome people feel after being sober, maybe read those, which will give you hope and something to look forward to. You can totally do this, and it will make your life better!

1 Like

Jeeze if you only knew the half of it, hence writing a piece for the forum, I have been so blaze this week about everything as I suppose most do, that I displayed that I could do this, but I can’t

Story of my life.

It certainly sucks!! But, I am just focussing on the fact that I am so much happier and healthier and sober with him gone!

2 Likes

Rejuvenated

I had the entire house to myself for 4 hours today, which is something that hasn’t happened in almost 2 years!! I got to play my music really loud, opened all my windows in the house, saged my house and played with my rune cards, raked my yard, cuddled all 3 animals, visited with my mom and a bunch of the kids as well a girlfriend, had some great conversations with some great people and we are setting up the trampoline now. I’m grilling outside tonight as we have sun again finally today and we see going to do a fire in the rain tomorrow. I needed this today! :heart:

6 Likes

Irritated.
Three weeks sober today, I should be celebrating and happy but I’m in a foul mood.
I’ve got a head cold, I’m tired, and my wife and sister are annoying the hell out of me.
The old me would be planning to drown the situation today. Thank Goodness I’m not going to do that.
I have retreated to the caravan down in the backyard to have a bit of peace and quiet and think about things for a while.
I’m sure this app is helping me with my resolve and will power to stay away from the drink.
Thank you all.
Have a blessed and sober Sunday.

6 Likes

Hi Bill,
I’ve been a problem drinker for 40 years.
I’ve made a few half-hearted attempt over the last few years and I’ve stayed sober for periods ranging from a few days to a few weeks.
Now my drinkings becoming a health issue, and I’m very serious about staying sober for life.
Thanks for your support and the good work to do on this app.
Have a great sober day,
Jack

Sore and tired.
Allergy hit me hard yesterday so today all I’m able to do is laying around and recharge.
The skin around my nose is red and burns and my lower lip is swollen and doubled its size…so no selfie today. God has a brutal sence of humor sometimes. Tho I’m like this I’m laughing about it, that’s all I can do :grin::+1:
Thanks for reading

4 Likes

RELEIF

I feel relieved today, big time :pray:

5 Likes

Hopeful
:blush::blush::grin:

3 Likes

Energised…

4 Likes

relaxed…

2 Likes