One word on how you feel today

Fragile. Was not feeling well yesterday, nauseous and overall hot. Was outside cleaning up some wiring in my van and nearly throwing up. Finished some and called it a night. When I finally got inside I had to puke, and while puking the wife doscovered the kittens had chewed another charger cord. I lost my temper, snatched the cat up to rub his face in the wire (idiotic I know now) and the cat clawed and bit me which further enraged me. I threw the cat on the bed and was fuming, ready to get rid of them. Went to the couch and chilled, wife did a great job a comforting me and the kitten (lol, but irritated me at the time). I was cordial but distant, not liking what I had done and how quickly my anger had taken control. I was up late, just thinking. Then I hit my knees and asked Him for serenity, he bestowed it and I was blessfully able to sleep. Just shows how far Iā€™ve come and how much farther I need to go, itā€™s constant work but I believe in the outcome. So thankful for my wifes compassion, she knows how to make this stubborn bull come back to reality.

3 Likes

Happyā€¦even though Iā€™m at work haha Iā€™m feeling really good today, no particular reason but thatā€™s good I guess!

Sweaty buttnugget

1 Like

I get really upset with myself for how quickly i lose my temper and yell at my kids sometimes, then it keeps me up thinking about how much of an asshole i am, even though i apologize to them and they say its ok, or sorry for being little beasts. I just gotta keep working on my patience.

1 Like

The fact that you worry about it shows you are a good Dad. Before I became a parent I said Iā€™d never became shouty mummy. But sometimes my son just knows what buttons to press. I amore patient since I donā€™t have hangovers and he is a big reason why I want to never drink again. But being a parent is hard. As soon as we become one we also have major guilt that we are not good enough. But we are good enough. We are also human beings who have human emotions and reactions.

1 Like

Absolutely. Patience, cooler heads always prevail. Been a while since I got angry like that

Pensiveā€¦

Rambunctious. Got paid, itā€™s Friday, want to get to the weekend and have free time, hang with the old lady, play with el kidderinos, go swinming. Just bouncy today.

1 Like

Smelly. Literally like shit bc I was tossing hot dog shitty trash all day. I cannot wait to shower

Fetid, foul, miasmic. Maybe you should hose off out back before hitting the showers.

1 Like

Rejectedā€¦

unmotivated

Like I had my daily hit (figuratively). I hope it doesnā€™t set me back.

Like I need to find worth in doing things by myself. And befriending the solitude.

The same as yoursā€¦

Happy fathers day to all you dadā€™s out there. Have a good one.

1 Like

Anxiousness

ā€˜Healthyā€™ another Sunday hangover free. Just had a great workout and time to settle down on the sofa for an afternoon of football and ice tea :sunglasses:

1 Like

With lots of anxiety still.

Staunch. The longer I stay sober the easier it gets. Not quite having to resist or fight, just becoming normal to not indulge in mood or mind altering chemicals. I enjoy who Iā€™m becoming, love being thankful to Him for his guidance and support.

2 Likes

Overcome. With gratitude, love and hope. Texting with the wife and just had a tremendous welling of emotion. Sheā€™s always been a beacon for me, the lone lighthouse guiding this ship to port while it was dark, turbulent and hopeless. She makes me feel like the handsomest guy in the room, gives me a shoulder to lean on when Iā€™m weary. Grateful to have that bomb ass chick as I trudge, she reminds me to enjoy the journey and not get so nearsighted on the destination.

2 Likes