Only 5 days sober, needing some help

I’m thankful I found this community- I’ve truly hit bottom and need to talk to someone who can give me some hope. Just had a divorce 2 days ago after 33 years, was separated for 16 months. I’d met a beautiful woman who made me feel amazing, even moved in and that just fell apart. I’m losing my license on Monday, have to sell the house, can’t find an apartment anywhere and I’m ready to try AA but can’t get a meeting. It’s pretty messed up- if anyone can offer support or tell me how to stop beating myself up, maybe give me some hope I’d be thankful. Thank you

4 Likes

If you try youl get a meeting .hope wont keep you sober but there are plenty of other programs to stay sober ,desire and effort wish you well

Thank you. You’re right, I keep calling the AA meeting number and get no response. There are meetings around but I’m just trying to get a ride. Have a good afternoon.

Connect with ur higher power

Maybe get a bus , i used to walk 6 miles to a meeting when i got fitter i ran till i got a job and bought a car , are you in the states there might be someone on here who lives in your state and guide you to the right connection wish you well

1 Like

Try online meetings for a start…

1 Like

Thank you. That’s the worst part of all my recent problems. I can do whatever it takes to satisfy the court, I can handle living in a shelter if I must but it’s being alone that’s making this so hard. I had many years being married but she decided she wasn’t happy and divorced me. My girlfriend that I met after my lengthy separation is amazing and I really felt as though I could get through anything with her but she has so many problems related to family, and it’s made her miserable so she asked me to move out…. and late last night she called me, quite drunk and I had 2 thoughts. I’m glad I won’t wake up with that hangover, but also just hearing her voice meant the world to me. Just really wish things were different, that we’d both stop together and be back as a couple. But yeah, being alone isn’t fun and I’ve always hated it. So thank you for talking to me. I can beat this. I had for over 30 years before the separation got to me and I slipped bad. Take care

2 Likes