Our quitting of cigarettes thread

It’s always good to be prepared. I’m sure you can do it!!! Looking forward to hear how it goes :hugs:

2 Likes

Sadly I am out for a bit. Need to get reenergized to tackle this addiction. Knowing I have all of you to help with my accountability will bring me back sooner than later. I know how stupid it sounds to say I am back using until I get my health issues sorted out, but that’s the logic of an addict. Thanks for all the amazing support.

3 Likes

7 days no smokes for me cold turkey

5 Likes

Hope you come back sooner rather than later!

1 Like

It took me several tries to quit smoking, and then I picked up the habit again years later and had to do it again. You learn something from every attempt, pay attention to those things :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Buddy you got this. I’m on the vape too but whenever I slip on booze or drugs vape doesn’t cut it and I have an actual smoke. Today is day one. Stay strong my brother

1 Like

38 days alcohol and tobacco free :blush:

4 Likes

I quit both at the same time. The first week was hell! But now, day 18, not so bad. Not saying I’d ever want to go through that again, but yeah, doing alright!

4 Likes

Way to go! When I quit, for 14 years, the way that worked for me was…buy(and inhale… disgusting)
Cheap cigars. Switched to a pipe. One day, I threw everything away. Was grossed out by all of it
And I’m set in my ways.
Good luck!
Harder than heroin to quit, as they say.

2 Likes

I’m on day 5 nicotine free. Not had cravings but I have been HUNGRY this week. Need to keep that in check as don’t want to undo all my good work getting healthy!

3 Likes

12 hours into this next attempt. Turns out it was causing me a very rapid heart rate. I can already feel the benefits of stopping.

4 Likes

I agree. Days 3-10 are the worst for me. Made it 21 days on my last attempt.

2 Likes

21st day - or is it 20?.. Anyway, looking forward to 22.

Look at us go! :grin:

2 Likes

Today was weird, out of nowhere I had intense cravings that lasted a couple of hours. Fortunately i was not in a position to act it even if I wanted to, just bear down and power through. It’s frustrating to have these sudden cravings 3 weeks out, none the less, I’m glad to have made to day 22.

3 Likes

I’m so proud of you @siand. Keep on going. You’ll make it !

1 Like

7 days are great. They say it needs 4 days to get the nicotine out of your system but the psychological sight of cravings last much longer. Hope your doing well :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you! I am now one week nicotine free :grin: Was with a friend yesterday who was smoking, I said she could smoke in my car and I went out with her to carry on chatting when she had one. Had a couple of little urges but made it past them!

4 Likes

Day 1 all over again. Binged thru 2 tins , to the point of getting a buzz. Reminded me of being drunk, and I did not like that feeling.

1 Like

Has anyone started to hate the smell of smoking? Or is my smell just getting super sensitive?

2 Likes

24 days smoke free today and I don’t miss it at all. Had 128 days earlier this year and can’t wait to get back and move on from there.

3 Likes