People in Recovery and Plants! (Part 2)

Baby Stella has a bud in July :christmas_tree:
@Its_me_Stella

9 Likes

It’s perfectly ok to change things in your life. It’s perfectly ok to stop doing something you have been doing for quite a while. It’s perfectly ok to find new areas of interest and care. You’ve learned a lot on this plant adventure. Maybe it’s time for a new one. Whereever you go: Keep us posted :grin: :sun_with_face:

4 Likes

I need to get a purple one

11 Likes

Thanks @acromouse & @Tragicfarinelli

My friend here came by this morning and we caulked and duct taped down the window that snapped off. Should be sturdy enough to hold temporarily. Discussed what I would want to do if I decide to keep it, and how we could do it.

It’s a tough thing to weigh. The thoughts of moving on from this have been present a few weeks. But I also need to have some perspective - it’s really only HUGE pain in the ass in summer. But every little thing with it is very much manual. Fall and spring it’s some work. Winter I really don’t have to do anything.

@Tragicfarinelli we’re very alike in what you relayed. I’ve always been a collector. I tend to gorge myself on things, get tired of it, and move on. Could be a hobby, memorabilia, a specific food, a person, etc. It’s not a fun pattern but it is a very common thing in ADHD/autism, which I know I have both of. I put a lot of money into that greenhouse, and it’d be a shame to take it down after all the planning and work that went into it. My Dad did a lot of the actual building and it’s almost like having a part of him here.
If I do take it down, I could repurpose the base to build a small patio or similar.

Now that the window is “fixed” I’m going to take time to think about what I want to do. Given that it’s monsoon season, as my friend said, “mother nature might make the decision for you”.

8 Likes

If it isn’t fun anymore, why do it? That has been my motto for awhile. Life is short. Interests change. Letting go of the old, opens space for the new. I have had tons of collections, hobbies, passions over the years. Just my perspective.

6 Likes

Tough spot.

Love the plants still, but growing tired of maintaining their house.

Only about half could survive in full outdoor sun here, and that requires acclimation which would need to wait til winter when the sun is at its weakest. Many of my favorites would likely be sold.

I might see if I can get through the summer with the greenhouse as-is, and make the decision in the autumn when the weather is more forgiving and I’ve had ample time to think it through

4 Likes

She’s a phoenix!

aU1R8mR8bf1za

4 Likes

My syngonium is shooting off a funny looking growth, seems very happy. And my beauty Manjula Pothos needs either a trim (propagating the ends) or transfer to a pot with a pole to climb. Personally, I love to see it trailing but I know they thrive climbing, also. Have to consider space available, too. I have much more space for hanging plants. So, I’ll probably chop and prop.

The Chinese Evergreen has grown a ton and is currently flowering. Such a happy, low maintenance plant in a low light corner, too.

I got this cute little Hoya a while back and it was slow growing at first but had taken off this year. Notice the trailing arm around the lights!

Everyone is looking very happy this morning. All the babies in the other rooms look happy, too. And that makes ME happy! :blush:

10 Likes

Christmas in July

Love the sassy new look :kissing_heart:

11 Likes

So pretty!!!
You like my pencil stash?

2 Likes

Progress: Myrtillocactus Geometrizans Cristata

Say that 5x fast

Oct 2023 when I got it

Dec 2023

Feb 2023

Today

13 Likes

Wow thats beautiful transformation @TMAC it looks so happy

2 Likes

She is GAWJUSSSSSS

2 Likes

Acanthocalycium glaucum

From Argentina

9 Likes

Her first flower.:green_heart:

14 Likes

Got a bucket list plant at an annual plant sale - ariocarpus retusus. A very slow-growing cactus. Mine is just a seedling.

I’m including pics that aren’t mine in order to show what this seedling will grow into. Minimum 10+ years to reach maturity.

13 Likes

Graptoveria rusbyi

Had this pot stashed away for a long time. Great shallow pot, but that shade of blue is tough to work with.

A good purple has done the trick. Might add some larger red lava rock to make it pop.

Should fill the pot pretty quickly, graptoveria have a tendecy to form dense mats which cover the ground.

9 Likes

Beautiful choice. You have an eye for it

2 Likes

My lilies

My Christmas cactus

My columbine

13 Likes

Very beautiful. I’m a sucker for columbines. Nice work.

1 Like