People in Recovery and Plants! (Part 1)

I haven’t before but been feeling like I need a ph measurement tool. Also for my garden outside.

1 Like

Look who followed me home from my shopping trip today…:heart_eyes:

I’ve wanted an orchid for a long time. Exciting!

12 Likes

Followed you home :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Beautiful orchid …love the color…with a few buds not out yet!! I love orchids. Gave away quite a few when we moved, but still have maybe 15 or so. So far, they have done well here.

2 Likes

I hope I didn’t make a mistake trying to get one to thrive where I live, but I know plenty of folks have orchids here and anywhere, really, and I have fine luck with all my other houseplants. I’m nervously excited :laughing: My mom and aunt both have several and I’ve always admired them.

2 Likes

A mister is your friend when you live in low humidity locales and grow orchids. I mist mine frequently, some of them daily. In Florida I used to soak them in water for 10 or 15 minutes, much lazier here and I drop a few ice cubes in (on top of the moss, away from roots). They like indirect sun and lots of moisture…I keep them by a humidifier in winter. Still have a couple blooming this season. Here is one of my favorites (brought outside for photo)…

Enjoy your orchid Rosa!! They bloom for months. :purple_heart:

8 Likes

Thank you for the tips! I have several humidifiers for my plants in the winter, so that’s good to know. I’ll try the soaking, also. I have a humidity meter and it’s been such a dry summer here so far.

1 Like

Dry here as well, plus AC is not a friend to orchids. I mist mist mist. I forgot to mention orchids do not like being overwatered…the soaking is so the bark chips and moss soak up the water.

Speaking of lack of humidity…it has been quite an adjustment getting back to using moisturizer again. It was completely unnecessary in Florida…now that, I do miss…having well hydrated skin.

1 Like

Oh great tips! I have my first orchid, and I’m happy to have kept it alive since mid April, despite my lack of green thumb :laughing:
I’ve been giving it 60ml (about 2oz) water once per week. My little guy actually does the watering chore.

12 Likes

It’s a beauty!!

2 Likes

Omg my… I have never dared.
:two_hearts:

Don’t you have a spectacular orchid as well Sassy?

1 Like

I do!!

Almost all my other orchids have already gone by this season.

Haha shit “scroll up Stella!”

1 Like

:rofl::wink::rofl::tulip::tulip::tulip::tulip::tulip::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

@Its_me_Stella now I just feel silly. I noticed this meter has a pH setting :woman_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

Yes I have one of those too but I don’t know if mine works well. Doesn’t seem to ever move but maybe thats the problem!!! hahahah

1 Like

This made me chuckle…

5 Likes

We saw a random deer outside yesterday evening and that cheeky bastard must have been full…he did quite a trimming job on the flower garden taking a nice nibbling down of some coneflower, rudbekia and daylilies. I am going to look for more lavender today…they don’t seem to like them and I could create a border in front that may keep them back…one can hope.

6 Likes

This philo birkin has seemed like it went dormant for a long time. It’s finally putting out a new leaf! I’m so happy!

9 Likes