Pet Peeves Anyone?

I had an assistant that didn’t like that as well. I do it just out of habit and if I forgot she would remind me lol

1 Like

For a second I thought you said your husband breathing in bed lol

2 Likes

People who do not use turn signals!!! Especially when I’m waiting to turn right and they clearly see I’m waiting for them to drive past, BUT NO they stop and turn into the entrance. I could have went!

4 Likes

People who stand too close 2me in lines. Personal space pls. People who chew gum with mouths open. Toothpicks.

1 Like

I just glare at people and hope they realize it.

The guy on the other side of my cube wall types out loud (says the words as he types them) and I just started whispering “I can heaaaaar you”

5 Likes

When a coworker only takes 1/2 a donut. Either commit to a whole donut or dont take any! Unless you find a buddy to share the other half.

2 Likes

My mother: “can I give you some advice?”
Me: “no thank you”
My mother: [proceeds to give irrelevant advice]
Me: “…” [Recites serenity prayer to myself]

8 Likes

Omg, yes! Also, when the volume of someone’s voice goes up ten times while on the phone.

Hint: This magical device allows one to speak without having to yell for them to hear you from miles away.

2 Likes

Just yesterday I had the honor to listen to a very interesting conversation between two women (one on the phone and one sitting in front of me in the bus). Some minutes more and I would’ve asked her after tipping on her shoulder “Please could you repeat the last sentence, I did not understand everything” :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

I work with heathens. :unamused:

15 Likes

Ha! The exact word I use when muttering under my breath about this same exact thing. Either “heathens” or “barbarians”.

4 Likes

They didnt want to hear the beep. I’ll yank open the door at the last second to avoid the beep…BUT…I clear the timer afterwards.

3 Likes

Oh my gosh! This is a big one for me. And I know that there are prolly many here that say it… But I HATE when people say “literally” in a conversation!!

“Oh my god, Like it was literally so random.” Wait, what? Learn how to use words correctly people!! Fudge!!

3 Likes

When people say “mmmbye” at the end of a phone call.

1 Like

Omg… or the California, “in a minute.” As in, “Oh, hey! It’s been a minute!” (meaning: a long time).

Apologies. There is no good reason this grates on me so, but there 'tis!

4 Likes

Or when you tell someone “give me 2 seconds” & that person starts counting

6 Likes

I get disgusted when I go to someone’s house for dinner and they don’t wash their hands before they cook​:fearful::dizzy_face::poop:

5 Likes

Or when they say “okbye” and me “bye” and the other person again “bye” and me again “bye” :thinking::joy:

3 Likes

Phone call in general may be a pet peeve for me. Lol.
Now you got me thinking about when you say “ok, I got to go”…then there reply is “1 more thing quick” which turns into 10 more mins i didnt have to begin with.

5 Likes

That’s why I dont answer the phone! I’m a multitasker (which I can’t do while I’m holding my phone) so unless it’s really important, I don’t answer it. It’s a pet peeve of mine too now that you mention it lol.

4 Likes