Physical Exercise

I never understood how runners became runners :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: NO OFFENSE, RUNNERS. You’re doing great! If only I had your attitude and strength!

1 Like

Couldn’t agree with this more. What I’ve found is making “motivational purchases” only works when you have already established a healthy training habit…purchasing equipment and other gear fizzles out about as fast as a fad diet does…the key is digging deep for the motivation and if you can’t find any motivation, go do it anyway. The gear and clothing comes later in the journey.

2 Likes

That’s true, and these purchases don’t work when you have a spending problem like I do. What I just tell myself these days is I have to FIT in the clothes that I’ve accumulated :joy: I’m doing IF though but it functions better when it’s coupled with a workout routine—something I can incorporate with my lifestyle. Still looking/practicing…

The dog seemed unscathed. He was chasing, as most dogs will do, so nothing out of the ordinary. I had been on this road hundreds of times and never seen him so he caught me by surprise. He ran right into my wheel so there was nothing I could do. Road rash sucks but I’ll survive!

Thanks! The guy at the local bike shop always said it’s not if you will crash, but when! I’m sure it won’t be my last

It’s nothing I can’t handle…this will give me a reason to be lazy a few days :grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks! I got lucky no doubt. Road rash sucks but broken bones suck worse

1 Like

That sounds painful! If I ride MTB I ride like a grandpa just for that reason. When I went down today i did something to my left hand. I’m positive it’s not broke but I don’t have much grip strength so I wont be doing any weights for a while.

1 Like

HIIT class done. What a workout, fast, intense and hard, but I dug deep and loved it. Off home to get dinner and rest for a couple of hours before my group meeting tonight.

2 Likes

Everyone hates it at the start but when you learn to run, control your breathing, stride and pace it’s my favourite form of exercise.

2 Likes

When I was on the pills I would not workout, my addicted mind was never satisfied, I would have pills in my possession but still be worried about when and where I could get more as well as how, I was never concerned with my physical health, now that I am 45 days sober I am focusing more on my Fitbit and my body then ever before, and the endorphin rush is WAY more satisfying than any fake opiate rush has had on me!

The endorphin rush is great. I also love the proper tiredness. It’s way better than the drug induced (alcohol in my case) tiredness.

1 Like

I suffer from insomnia, I smoke marijuana for that reason alone, not recreational anymore, not for years, but it helps a lot as well when used responsibly, but I’ve noticed that after I smoke I’m getting tired and relaxed considerably faster than when I was sedentary all day high on pills

No lights, no fan, (its drying my wet carpet), and after helping my sick dad all week. I needed some of my weak ass watts to burn some pent up frustration. I only had 30 min, but its better than nothing.
I do feel better now.

1 Like

At least there are no dogs to deal with on Zwift!

Day 4 of absolutely no physical activity as I recover from my crash. I’m going absolutely crazy! I usually start the day with a weight session and cardio but I’ve been sleeping in to 6:15, which has been nice. Beats 4:00 am for sure. But having to reduce my calories sucks. Taking a week off will definitely be good for me though. So if you’re able, get out there and move! No excuses!

2 Likes

Haha!! True. Did you have to see a dr. for anything?

Feeling lazy and you’ve just kicked my ass. Thanks, off to the gym.

1 Like

I thought about it, both wrists seemed like at one point they could have been fractured, but by Tuesday morning they were feeling better so I figured I’d be fine.

Hows the bike?