Podcasts compilation (2018 to present)

Lots of threads on podcasts have been combined into this thread.

Search and add your own!

Happy listening. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi everyone! I am absolutely loving this group, so thank you all for sharing :smiling_face:
I am just wondering what your favourite sobriety related podcasts, YouTube videos, or Ted Talks might be? I have listened to all of HipSobriety’s podcasts, (which I loved), as well as Tommy Rosen’s Recovery 2 point 0 podcasts, (which I also loved).
Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated :grinning::grinning: Thanks!!

1 Like

Thank you so much!! I really appreciate it, and I am excited to check them out! :slight_smile:️ I am finding it really helpful to listen to at least one a day.

1 Like

Anyone else into recovery podcasts? They’ve been really helpful for me, I listen to them on my commute and at the gym.
I’ve listened to a lot of This Naked Mind podcast, The Bubble Hour, and Recovery Elevator but I’m looking for some new ones.
Anyone have any favorites/recommendations?

7 Likes

I’ve listened to this one. Was pretty good, but I’m more into the motivational podcasts, rather than the recovery focused ones.

1 Like

Thanks! I listen to motivational ones too. I have been into The School of Greatness lately. And throwing some religious podcasts in there as well, Daily Audio Bible which I believe I heard about from you mentioning it here :sunglasses:

2 Likes

DAB is fantastic. My favorite motivational is the Jocko Podcast. Intense, and speaks my language.

3 Likes

I just started listening to my first podcasts yesterday. You beat me to this thread by about an hour. The one I settled on is Since Right Now. It’s a great mix of 3 guys who got clean in completely different ways and with different programs and beliefs. They have apparently been close friends for many years.

I found it because I was listening to stuff on YouTube that involved Sarah Hepola. Man, listening to her was amazing and mind blowing! Wish she had her own podcast!

4 Likes

Next to naps, podcasts are my faves.

3 Likes

My anxiety has been legendary for a few weeks and these last few days have been the WORST! So yesterday l decided I needed to do something different. Since I was off work and didn’t have much else to distract me I decided to go that route. And shit man, it is REALLY helping! There are the ones from this year on that Spreaker, I had to go to Google play to start from the beginning. I wouldn’t really have thought about it if I hadn’t downloaded that app. So THANKS! :kissing_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Just sharing the good stuff! If you need something theater related, check out “We’re Alive” on Spreaker. Multi-season zombie apocalypse radio theater. Listened to it twice last summer. Loved it.

1 Like

Just heard about Since Right Now too, will check out. Thx! Yes the podcasts really help me focus on something else besides being in my own head all the time. Sorry your anxiety is kicking your ass, I totally know the feeling.

1 Like

The good news is that I’m not letting it lead me to relapse! It sucks because the one thing that could be prescribed to help me is half of what I was addicted to. But the podcasts definitely have helped me the last two days. Yesterday I drew mindless tangles all day while listening to them. Today I played Mahjong Epic while listening to them. Haha, damn, I sound like such an old lady!

4 Likes

Bet you have a hanky or a kleenex tucked into the cuff of your sleeves. Listening to yer “programs” playing yer card games.

1 Like

Step 1: seach for and download a podcast ap for your phone from googleplay or the apple apstore. I use Spreaker but there are others.

Step 2: use the ap to seach for a podcast, by name or by topic.

Step 3: find the episode that you want, hit it, and then push play.

Step 4: listen to the podcast. Listen to archived episodes or the latest episode.

Optional: if you like the show, add it to your favorites. You will be notified when a new episode is released.

2 Likes

I use Podcast Addict app, but there are a bunch more. I follow certain podcasts and then download episodes so i can listen on the train. Totally hooked!

1 Like

You can also find a lot on YouTube. I like to listen to AA Speakers, even though I’m not an AAer. Just search for whatever type of podcast and you’ll find a crap ton. I also listen to episodes of Annie Grace’s This Naked Mind podcast there.

2 Likes
1 Like

I’ve been listening to a lot of recovery podcasts lately.

First was This Naked Mind Podcast with Annie Grace. I have gotten a bit out of it but I don’t like it in general. While I appreciate that she is including more than just “alcoholics” who need 100% abstinence she keeps talking about people who just cut back or just quite for a year or such and hearing that over and over was getting a little “triggery”. I had to stop listening after a while.

Second I was listening to Russell Brand on Recovery Radio. I LOVE THIS ONE!! I have learned so much. Unfortunately I found his guests tended to be people who were using a lot of hard core drugs and had been in a pretty bad place before getting clean which I couldn’t really relate too. Well, I could relate to some of it (anxiety, feeling alone, etc) but I wished for a guest that was more like me…functional alcoholic who was using “mommy juice” as a crutch. Unfortunately I’ve run out of episodes hosted by RB so I am just waiting for other ones. LOL

I have to say after listening to the Recovery Radio stuff I’ve been listening to a lot of Russell Brand that is not recovery related. I’m in LOVE with him. He’s so awesome. LOL

1 Like

I love him too! Have listened to a few of his podcasts and read his Recovery book. He is very well spoken and intelligent, and funny! Yes his guests are very hard core drug addicts, I’m with you I need a functioning mommy juice drinker I can relate to more. :slight_smile:
Naked Mind podcast was ok, some of the recovery stories were relatable and I do appreciate that she explores many avenues and not just abstinence, but for most alcoholics there is no moderation or occasional drinking. Also on a superficial note, Annie Grace’s voice really started to get on my nerves, Lol! It’s so scratchy sometimes it was distracting!