Quote happy little llama 🦙

I’ve been using this coloring app Happy Color for quite a while every morning to help keep me centered with my anxiety. With all that’s going on in the world I find I have been using it more and more to keep my mind on something other then social media or the news.
In doing so I found some good quotes hidden in the app that I thought some of you might like as I think they go hand and hand with our sobriety journey :purple_heart:
I will use this post to add more as I find them.

If you have some favorite quotes that help you through the day post away :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

In my 1047 days of sobriety I’ve learned that sometimes even the simplest saying can make me feel better. Especially right now.

14 Likes

NICE…those are really cool!!!
You should make them into iron on patches for plain T-Shirts and sell them on Etsy.

Oh, and congratulations on 1047 days!!
Awe inspiring

1 Like

3 Likes

“Illusion is the first of all pleasures.” I’ve been obsessed with that quotation in your post ever since I first read it a couple of days ago! It keeps circling in my mind. I understand that since this is a recovery group (a WONDERFUL recovery group) it must be a reference to our first chemical intoxication, but it seems to go way further back, back to childhood and the illusions of Santa Claus, and religion, and even the illusion of security before realizing that death exists. Thank you for your post and your fun artwork! PS: I’m almost 8 months AF. : )

2 Likes

I have so many of the mandalas done and saved because I too watch when I need to. I figured out that the ones with mostly green aren’t as soothing for me.
Unless on flowers.
Some days I color a lot some only a handful but I color daily either way.

2 Likes

I never thought of it that far back. My thoughts were only as far back as the illusion of the pleasure we get from using our drug of choice.
It was all an illusion for me that it was pleasurable. It covered up my feelings and pain for years that’s all it did. When I quit I still had to deal with them. They were still there daily which is why I picked up everyday

Today’s quote :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Yes let’s feed our soul because if we only feed our ego we would all still be drunk and high

3 Likes

3 Likes

1 Like

Always look for the best in everything :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Ooh nice, I am downloading this app and sending it to some friends too!

1 Like

Thanks for suggesting this app @SoberHappyJessi. It’s been my escape lately after a stressful day of work. I agree with Jane, no decision making and it’s beautiful when it’s done. I’m loving the mandalas, watching the time-lapse is so mesmerizing.

2 Likes

I am glad you are enjoying it.
I definitely find it helps me.
We had to go to the dreaded stores today as in multiple :grimacing:
Since we just moved into a brand new house there were tons of things we needed that we’ve gotten by for a few days but really I needed a real shower and holding the shower curtain up just wasn’t cutting it🤦🤣
So there were lots of things we needed and decided we better just do it all at once while out included the grocery shopping 🤦🤦🤦
Worst idea for my anxiety. I went out to the parking lot and sat in the car a few times throughout the day and colored to calm myself while Ben picked up the things on his list.

2 Likes

1 Like

I love all these, I want to play.

1 Like

The app is free on Android or iOS
I color multiple pictures a day😊

1 Like

These are super cute!

1 Like

These are the messages I’ve had for the last 2 days :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
They definitely seem fitting.

2 Likes

I thought they were very fitting too. While I was coloring last night, I was thinking “I wonder if Jessi saw these”. lol

1 Like