Random GREAT advice

Never play cards with someone whose first name is the name of a city!

2 Likes

Early bird gets the worm. But the second rat gets the cheese.

7 Likes

If you fail to plan, you’re planning to fail.

5 Likes

The grass is always greener where you water it

8 Likes

All of my kids know this…

2 Likes

“If you get tired, learn to rest, not to quit.”
-Banksy

11 Likes

Spoken by a true fisherman!

1 Like

Sometimes the best course of action is to do nothing.

8 Likes

“No” is a complete sentence.

14 Likes

My husband’s contribution: Always open the chip (crisps) bag from the bottom because that’s where all the flavor is. :woman_facepalming:t2:

10 Likes

The days we think we don’t have time, (for a bike ride, a walk, yoga, meditation, self care, etc) those are the days we need it the most.

10 Likes

:rofl:That is so awesome @RosaCanDo !

Never take advice from random strangers on the Internet.:blush:

8 Likes

“A falling blade has no handle.”

4 Likes

You lay down with the dogs, you get the fleas.

goes hand in hand with bad company corrupts good character

** watch who you surround yourself with

4 Likes

Be smart in your stupidity.

1 Like

Mind your head

2 Likes

Enjoy the ride, it’s shorter than you think.

5 Likes

Your focus when detoxing (alcohol) should be : hydrate with water and electrolytes. get food in your system. orange juice will help quickly for low blood sugar. magnesium has always helped me with anxiety (give it 15 minutes min.) immodium ad will put a good stop to the bathroom issues, read the directions carefully. It will ultimately help you rehydrate more quickly. Take probiotics to reestablish gut-health. Anecdotal but benadryl is supposed to be good for vertigo, should your symptoms get that bad. If you have a hard time walking down the stairs use both arms and take one step at a time, focus on your breathing. Stimulating the vagus nerve (under jaw, on neck) lightly will help send oxygen to the brain and to the heart and help to ease anxiety. Listen to meditation/affirmations and practice deep breathing to help ease yourself to sleep if you are dealing with insomnia. set yourself a routine that you do daily when you are sober, so that should you relapse the day you feel better enough to eat and sleep and etc you can hop right back into your routine.
i could go on. Im not a doctor obviously, but i have gone thru detoxing way more times than i care to count, and these are the things that have helped me.
That would be my advice today.

For something more consise:
Don’t destroy your good health over a liquid.
If you relapse and have the dreaded hangover from hell, and you see thru it to the other side alive, take it as a blessing, take it as a second chance at life. You never have to be sick like that ever again, how great is that!

2 Likes

Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment.

11 Likes