Reasons for fighting

1. I get to coach my daughters soccer team tomorrow and I would hate myself if I was hungover doing it.
  2. I sleep better sober.
  3. I really want the first sober week in the books
2 Likes
  1. My daughters soccer game.
  2. I am the only caretaker My girls have.
  3. In do not want to waste a Sunday hungover.
1 Like
  1. It isn’t a question of why go on, but why give in?

2. I’ve spent so much effort numbing my feelings you’d think I’d finally figure out dealing with them instead.

3. People still care about me, even when I feel empty and discarded.

1 Like
  1. I want to know what it feels like to have a clear mind all of the time.
  2. I am learning to enjoy my new life.
  3. I am terrified of what may happen if I don’t start living a healthier life.
3 Likes
  1. Sometimes my friends need support, and I want to be there for them.

2. Something about being stuck in your head all the time is you become focused on yourself. You stop thinking of others and how you affect them.

3. Falling apart isn’t going to protect me from the consequences of my actions. When I wake up again, I’ll see the truth of what I’ve become.

2 Likes
  1. I am sick of resetting and starting over.
  2. I need all the brain cells I have left to succeed at my new job.
  3. There are people around me that may make better choices if I am not there drinking my life away right along side of them.
1 Like
  1. I have the tendency to think of everything involved in a bad situation as bad as well. But what you have stock in survival moments can save your life, so I owe it to the things keeping me alive to credit them. That includes my body and my brain.

2. I don’t want to punish everyone around me for my problems. I’ve had enough of that from other people.

3. The comfort zone is the most dangerous place in the world.

2 Likes
  1. All you have is your health
  2. I make much better choices sober
  3. I have a lot I would like to accomplish and drinking stops all my motivation
1 Like
  1. If I struggle and chase what it is I want, if I have a purpose, then joy and pain don’t matter. Obsessing over one flavor of the human experience is a poor way to live.

2. I don’t want to be the one that climbs over the backs of others. I don’t want to be responsible for tearing up someone else’s life.

3. ^That decency is one I should extend myself. Why is it okay to sabotage myself?

1 Like
  1. I have missed out on so much of my life by being to drunk to remember it, I don’t want to do that anymore.
  2. I want to be in control.
  3. I need to teach my daughters through action.
1 Like

Thank you for checking in here daily, it is helping me to check in daily.

1 Like

I try. :slight_smile:

1 Like
  1. The person that wants these things isn’t me.

2. If living in a state with chiggers has taught me anything, it’s that scratching the itch is the WORST way to deal with temptation.

3. Giving in only leads to a cycle. Fighting actually gets you somewhere.

2 Likes
  1. I am starting to feel a change in myself.
  2. My health
  3. I need to get a lot of work done before this fall and have zero motivation while drinking.
1 Like
  1. Giving in increases my potential self harm thoughts.

2. Distorts my view on the world.

3. Self defeating and I do not want to stay here forever.

1 Like
  1. Stop wasting my life.

2. Get out there and maximise your full potential.

3. Be the amazing person you are when free from the weight of addiction.

2 Likes
  1. Reduces my anxiety.
  2. I don’t want to let people oryself down.
  3. I would really like to see if the bags under my eyes would go away if I stayed sober for more than a few weeks at a time…
1 Like
  1. Somewhere I stopped thinking of myself as important or capable. I’d like to change that crud.

2. Somehow I keep forgetting that some folks actually do care a lot about me. And they’d be devastated about this.

3. I want my mom to be proud of me and my choices. I know she’d blame herself for this.

1 Like
  1. I want to see my body healthy again.
  2. I am only starting this journey and I have done that a million times, I want to know how life feels to be sober for an extended period of time.
  3. I would like to prove people wrong that think I can’t or shouldn’t be sober.
3 Likes
  1. I want to continue feeling proud of myself.
  2. My girls are learning from me everyday.
  3. It is way easier to do the recycling with one less drinker in the house.
1 Like