Reasons for fighting

It’s okay to be repitive I think what you doing is wonderful. Even if it’s the same three all the time putting them down makes you mindful if the reasons everyday. Well done !

1 Like
  1. Something I heard recently, “If you don’t change direction, you’re going to end up getting where you’re going.”

2. The only place this thing leads me is destruction. If I’m going to commit to annihilation, am I prepared to drag the hearts of everyone who gives two cents about me along for the ride and look them in the eyes every time I break them again?

3. Just once I want to be more than what people expect.

3 Likes

This is a good one, me too. :green_heart:
2. I am forcing myself to try new things sober and I would like to follow thru with them.
3. I dont want to feel the anxiety that comes with drinking.

2 Likes
  1. I’ve been learning recently that the demons in my head are often a lot meaner than the ones outside it. Maybe I can face life after all.

2. Been trying to focus on the present. “When am I gonna relapse?” Is not, hopefully, in the present.

3. This is not a losing battle. It’s just body chemicals, I deal with plenty of screwy ones every day.

1 Like
  1. I have a lot of emotional growth to do after decades of drowning it.
  2. My marriage needs me happy and present.
  3. I want a better life than the one I had been living.
2 Likes
  1. At some point my brother’s gonna be ready to leave. We were planning on leaving together. I want to be ready.

2. I’d like to stop being passive in my relationships. Means I need confidence, not shame.

3. I feel twice as alive today than I did last relapse.

1 Like
  1. It is supposed to get easier after the first few weeks and I really don’t want to go through them again.
  2. I don’t want to let people down.
  3. I constantly watch alcohol ruin people and I want no part of it.
3 Likes
  1. I want peace. Not moments of less pain than usual, not giving up on caring about things. Peace.

2. I want to sleep well.

3. My mother always thought I was a little better than I felt like I was, she always treated me like that, always tried to be on my side. Maybe if I treat myself a little like she would, I’ll be honoring her memory.

3 Likes
  1. I don’t want to waste a day of my weekend hungover.
  2. I am starting to feel an emotional change.
  3. When I make it thru today it will be the longest I have been sober in my adult life.
3 Likes
  1. “I don’t care” doesn’t work. Stuff still happens.

2. I’m tired of being held back

3. This weight on my chest isn’t forever. It’ll definitely come back but it’ll leave too.

2 Likes
  1. I feel like I am gaining momentum in a positive direction.
  2. I am beginning to feel proud of my new sober life/decision, not ashamed of it.
  3. I want to explore this world, I never want to do anything hungover.
2 Likes
  1. Sober poops
  2. Being more able to listen to my friends
  3. Seeking resolution to my problems instead of hiding from them
3 Likes
  1. When I’m not clean, I don’t like thinking about positive things because I don’t want the association. Which sucks because then I’m not thinking of happy things

2. I have some religious goals I need to achieve.

3. If I can put more effort into reaching out to people then I can start filling the holes in my soul.

2 Likes
  1. I want to be a good friend
  2. I never realized how much shame I was holding, don’t want that feeling again
  3. My house stays much cleaner
1 Like
  1. Sometimes I underestimate the little things because of how little they do. But you have to stack them to get what you need. It’s better than a high and low.

2. I’m someone’s best friend. I’m hurting their best friend. I can’t believe I’d do that.

3. If the universe is conspiring against me this much I must be powerful.

2 Likes
  1. I am starting to enjoy the uncomfortablness of sober social situations
  2. I am proud to be a sober parent who other parents can trust to help watch their children.
  3. It feels good to get in the car after a day at the lake and not question my ability to drive home.
3 Likes
  1. Been trying to start living healthier again.

2. Whenever I see more evidence of where my choices can lead I feel sick.

3. I’ve been blessed in a lot of ways, it seems a shame to take advantage of it so carelessly.

2 Likes
  1. I have zero time in the day to be drunk.
  2. I feel it is extremely important to lead By example, especially right now.
  3. Still waiting for the bags under my eyes to go away…
3 Likes

Thanks for sharing and it is really nice to wake up to a “like” each morning when I open the app. Thank you and Have a great day!

1 Like

It’s nice to hop on before bed and see that this thread is helping someone, so thank you as well. :slight_smile: I think all your reasons are awesome.

1 Like