Reasons for fighting

1. I’d like to be clean through Christmas.

2. I don’t want to self destruct, but if I do, I don’t want it to be like this.

3. I’d like to start exercising, for that I need motivation. Addiction sucks that away. It’s pretty clear cut.

4 Likes

Does this even count? It’s technically tomorrow… but I haven’t slept yet so I guess no…

1. My bro is home! With his wife! I’d like to not relapse while they are here.

2. My senses are going a little wack rn. A relapse will be a sledgehammer to my delicate system.

3. I need to freaking sleep and I can’t sleep with stupid relapse. Good night.

3 Likes
  1. My dad has addict behavior, has struggled with things like this. I’ve been having some problems with him lately. I really don’t want to be like him.

2. I want to feel safer going to bed without worrying about my idle mind.

3. My bro and his wife are next room over and they might notice if I’m… off.

5 Likes
  1. Im tired of hating myself
  2. I want to continually grow into a better person
  3. To wrap my mother’s present so it looks amazing for her.
3 Likes
  1. Almost made it to Christmas!!! Just a bit longer!

2. I’m planning on getting a dog once I move out, and I don’t really want future dog around the addiction. I just don’t. Dogs are too good.

3. My friend is home from college right now and if she wants to do something I need to be not be feeling gross.

3 Likes
  1. Feeling lousy, want to take the edge off but the addiction will end up making it worse if I do.

2. It’s almost fricking Christmas and I’m gonna have this holiday CLEAN.

3. I have a beautiful new blanket from my sis in law and adorable baby plants from my baby bro. Their first memories of me shall be good, I command it.

Merry Christmas!

2 Likes

Feeling mostly better! And YAY CLEAN CHRISTMAS!!!

1. I am wearing a super hecking great new shirt and I want it associated with GOOD!

2. I sort of want to draw something for my art blog so I want to be as fantastic as possible

3. Learning positive coping techniques will help for my body’s frequent and inevitable betrayals.

4 Likes

You’re always on here posting more and more reasons. I like it, I like your spirit!

2 Likes

Thank you! Any reason is a good reason against addiction, and it’s good for me to remember that and scroll through all of them.

1 Like

Last night was rough, serious cravings woke me twice but I survived.

1. Every battle I win shows me I’m stronger than I know.

2. My mother just started her new treatment and her lungs are in bad shape. Gotta help her.

3. We’re going to a movie tomorrow as a family. Wanna be feeling good.

2 Likes
  1. My sister in law is having some health issues, and I want to be quiet for her when she’s sleeping, so no “abnormal behavior”.

2. I am getting closer to my second month!

3. I noticed last time after I relapsed I wanted to go longer than usual after because of how good it felt being sober. I’m not sure I wrote that coherently. Basically the longer I can go now will hopefully lead to longer times in the future.

2 Likes

New reasons to add on:

1. So I can stop using my addiction as an excuse

2. To start finishing my personal project again

3. To have that energy when I don’t use for a long time and make it a daily basis thing.

2 Likes

Woke up again with cravings. Managed to get away again.

1. I didn’t used to believe I could fight these things off, that it was just prolonging the inevitable. But I can. It’s just about learning the right ways to fight. I feel more trusting of myself, albeit by small measures.

2. Tomorrow I have a dentist visit, which is awful and scary. I’ll need all my best coping techniques.

3. I’d like to think I’m making God a little prouder of me. I’m still figuring things out with my beliefs there, but if he’s a source of unconditional love than it seems right to give something back.

2 Likes
  1. 3 more days until an even thirty.

2. I keep saying I’m going to go on a walk but I keep avoiding it bc it’s cold. Tomorrow I’m gonna try to do it, and I want to be feeling well enough to.

3. I’m a little depressed rn, so I need to be extra on my guard. If I fall I don’t want it to be to this.

1 Like

Jeez, so many bad craving days in a row. I came really close this morning. :confused:

1. Tomorrow is Sunday, I’d like to have it clean.

2. New year is starting up, wanna see how long I can keep it pure.

3. There’s nothing positive I can expect to get from my addiction. All I’ve gotten is grief. It’s a dead end behavior that needs to end.

2 Likes

Happy New year yall.

1. College might not happen rn so I need to step up my game myself. Gotta have that motivation.

2. If I give in, it’ll never be enough. I’ll never be satisfied, just empty, alone, and disgusted with myself.

3. It’s never as good as I remember it. It will never be. My memories are glorifying something that was never great in the start.

1 Like
  1. The addiction has changed how I think and see things and I HATE it. I want better things in my head.

2. I recall a lesson I learned once about a happiness graph, how doing things addicting gives you a high that drops you lower every time until you’re using it just to feel normal. I’d rather take what life has to offer and find other ways to feel alive.

3. A lot of new people who have met me keep trying to involve me in things to make me feel included. If I end up committing to something I’d like to fulfill it.

1. I want to trust myself so bad even though I have a lot of reasons not to. I’d like to start by knocking down a few of those.

2. I gotta be there for my friends. They’ve got rough stuff so if I reach out and do my best to support them it’ll help. I can’t if I’m sinking.

3. Going for first week of the new year!

1 Like

I had to reset today. I made it two month, then I wasn’t careful with a bad moment. It’s a major bummer, but I’m not surprised.

1. I use it in part to squelch loneliness, but it really doesn’t help anything, just ends with me emptier.

2. My friend is inviting me over tomorrow, That should help relieve the loneliness, but I’d like to not feel gross going.

3. It isn’t actually what I’m looking for so I’ll always be unfulfilled when relying on it. I need to stop doing the same thing and find what really fulfills me.

1. My friend rescheduled. We’re doing it tomorrow. Obviously I’d like to not be falling apart then since we both have depression and can recognize the signs of that.

2. The mindset of a fighter is a remarkable thing. It’s something I want, not just against my addiction but in other areas as well.

3. I would like to someday look forward to sleeping. My vulnerability to temptation at night is definitely not helping.

1 Like