Recommendation info

I’m new here so if I am posting redundantly, I apologize. I am almost clean for 2 years. I am struggling with having seasonal depression at the moment so I am trying to use this time productively. I am wondering if anyone has any recommendations on any good books, podcasts, Ted talks, and volunteer programs anything regarding motivation, growth, insight, anything beneficial that spoke to you.

Also, If anyone has done any volunteer work in CT where they might be able to steer me in the right direction regarding places to go? I have tried looking things up and haven’t had much luck.

Thanks so much.

3 Likes

In this thread you will find lists of books and podcasts and other info…

More books…

Hobbies and interests…

Movies and shows…

And because it is the holiday time…

4 Likes

I don’t know what area of CT you are in, but I do know that Meals on Wheels almost always needs drivers. You usually do a single route 1 or 2 times a week depending on your schedule and the needs of your area. Sometimes this is the only contact and food options seniors and housebound folks have, so it is a vital service. (Check with your local Senior Services program). Food kitchens are also short staffed. Domestic violence shelters often need assistance as well. Libraries are also a place that welcomes volunteers.

5 Likes

Thank you! That is a great place to start. I will have to check those out!

2 Likes