Recovery dharma

Started recovery dharma today. Very eye opening and the concepts are a little bit more relatable then AA for me. Trying to figure out the contentment and filling of dissatisfaction. The never ending of needing more with addiction and recovery.What works for me is correct even if its not AA? So tomorrow will be my 3 weeks, and i have never been this clear minded before. Kindof overwhelming honestly.

17 Likes

Sounds like a good thing, even if overwhelming. Take good care of yourself and onward!

2 Likes

And congrats on your 3 weeks!!!

1 Like

Nice one.
What ever works sir!
Congratulations on 3 weeks.
:metal:

1 Like

what ever works for you im a AA guy but wish you well keep us posted on your journey

1 Like

Thanks for posting this! I didn’t even know this existed, but I’m going to try it. Sounds like a better fit for me than AA.

2 Likes

Sorry for my ignorance but what is recovery dharma?! I might be interested too. Thanks!

2 Likes

Ooh I have the book and have been to one group but didn’t get into it. Like the idea though. Maybe we could start a book club?

For those asking, the book is available online (free,or you can buy a copy) at

https://recoverydharma.org/book

3 Likes

We could definitely use someone who knows that program here. I hope you stick with it

2 Likes

Sounds interesting! I don’t know much about the different recovery programs - is there a site that gives an overview of recovery dharma?

1 Like

i like recovery dharma! :grinning:

1 Like

Ill need to check it out. Thanks!

1 Like

Buddhists outlook on recovery, more about the path of filling that never ending crave of unfulfillment.

There is an audible on spotify.

1 Like

Thanks for the info! :slightly_smiling_face:

I bought the Kindle version last night. Only £2.50.
Will give it a read.

3 Likes

That’s awesome! All the ones around me are over 100 miles away.

1 Like

Since there’s audible versions (I’m currently reading two/three other books SLOWLY), I would love to join :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve got 2 about an hour away in different directions.

I’m on the 4th section, Wise Understanding and Intention. I’m finally getting into it. Not sure if the other recordings are the same, but the one on Apple Podcasts is really monotone. But I think I was listening too hard, now I listen to it in an almost meditative way.

@Jerdun how are the lessons going for you?

2 Likes