I’m so sorry Reese. Today sounds rough. Remember that the shit day will pass and you will get through it. I do hope you are able to have your day turn around on you and practice some self care! Big hugs to you friend. ![]()
On my way home now, so overwhelmed and exhausted. I’m going to pick up something warm to eat and take a nap. Today has been so rough but it’s almost over. I just want to rest.
Day 73.
Monday, which means rounds with my care team. I’m going to outline everything I’ve talked about in my earlier post and do my very best to advocate for myself. I need more time. I need more help.
Good vibes and strength would be appreciated for today.

You are doing great!
Best of luck today with advocating for yourself…
Sending loads of good vibes your way ![]()
![]()
![]()
Been feeling really depressed and defeated and fragile. My new therapist has a different schedule than my previous one so I was pretty thrown off today. We didn’t even do cognitive processing therapy today, just a session of talk therapy as I expressed how I’ve been feeling so frustrated and defeated and let down lately.
I did tell her that I needed/wanted an extension, and that I had even brought a list of bullet points to make my case. She said that she didn’t need to or even want to see the bullet points; the fact that I said that I wanted an extension was enough, I didn’t have to make my case or “prove” that I needed help. That made me break down into tears once again.
Got home and immediately took a nap because I was just so emotionally and physically drained. Doing some chores now and then I’ll get ready for bed. I have rounds with my therapist and psychiatrist tomorrow morning. Also asked my sisters to start checking in on me daily again since I just feel like I’m struggling so much lately.
Just gotta keep moving on.
![]()
![]()
. Much love friend m. I absolutely love what your therapist said and it’s so beautiful that she knew you asking for help was enough of a sign that you needed help. We need more people like her
Great to see that you are requesting daily check ins as well.
Keep putting that foot forward…I do hope the emotions start easing up for you soon ![]()
Day 74.
Sleep was troubled last night. I find myself missing the days where I could smoke a little before bed and that was that. Sigh.
Not much else to say today.
Having a really difficult time. Wanting to give up, on everything. Feeling really let down and hurt. Don’t know what else to say or do. Feels like I’m screaming into the void and not even my own echo is responding.
I am here… hang in there… you are succeeding forward in your journey…Breathe… listen to some music… just a couple suggestions.
I’m so sorry friend. Can you call a family member, a therapist, a hotline? Do some breathing exercises or go for a walk?
Maybe a hot shower/ bath?
I do find that screaming into a pillow or punching air / cushions helps.
We do have a thread here for you to scram into…it has helped me before.
You are not alone. ![]()
. Sending strength and love your way
Thanks guys. I’m still struggling but I’ll be alive for at least one more day. One day at a time I guess.
Called my usual therapist and came up with a plan for tomorrow. Now I’m going to wash up, take myself out to eat, shower, relax with video games, yoga, Tarot if i have energy, and sleep.
How are you feeling today @reeseycup ?
Doing a lot better today, thanks for checking. Had a LOT of therapy and meetings, and did some relational repair work.
I do have to say that it’s so nice and so foreign to get a sincere apology, because I never really received that for a long, long time.
Still here, still sober. 75 days now.
I’m keeping on.
75 days. Oh yay, what a journey you are on. Thanks for sharing.
Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better than you were and look at that … 75 days!! ![]()
Day 76.
Feeling weirdly optimistic. Cravings are strong and still have that streak of anxious and depressed hopelessness deep in my gut, but I do feel a little stronger and like I can get through this. Reminding myself that I survived absolute hell when I was just a child. I can survive this now.
Plan for today: yoga, coffee, breakfast, treatment, finally folding my laundry, hair wash day, yoga, tarot, sleep. Today is a new day. One day at a time.
Day 77.
Feeling anxious but there is a pinprick of hope. My state paid leave was extended another month so that’s good. I have an email drafted for my employer about my eventual return.
One day at a time.
This is great news. So happy that you have some more time for yourself to recover ![]()
![]()
Talked to my employer both via email and phone. They’re incredibly supportive and understanding, and just want me to prioritize my healing and they’ll welcome me back when I’m ready. Feeling very overwhelmed by that, but in a good way. My boss also said that I can call him anytime if I need extra support, so the sentiment was appreciated.
Been a hard couple of days at treatment, lots of triggering things and old trauma wounds being reopened, but I’m determined to keep on working hard for my recovery.