Relapse dream , feeling uneasy

Had a intense relapse dream , I drank a fifth of vodka in the dream “felt ok” woke up drenched in sweat. It’s like the dream depleted all of my energy for recovery or something. This experience has made today very strange and I just felt sick all day as if I did drank . I had a hang over from a dream! and sleep till 4pm . I Tried to restart my day the last couple hours. Went for a walk, caught a few people. It’s hard to explain what I’m trying to say but it has made today very very strange … I feel sick . I feel tired . I just want a break. This so-called God sees me trying every day. It’s not ok

3 Likes

I felt similar after my last 2. They’re quite common and can come anytime per this one older fellow I knew at my previous home group. He still had them periodically and he’s got 31 yrs. Feel better soon.

2 Likes

I have many of those, and they sure suck and leave you depleted mentally and physically. I drink extra water to make up for my sweating, take it easy, and go to bed earlier that evening. Hope you feel better soon!

1 Like

Yes it’s uneasy and the only good thing about those dreams is the fact that you are still sober/clean.
I am more then 3 years sober and still have such dreams some times :expressionless:
It helps me to see it as a warning that I’m in a fulnerable state of mind and I have to check my guards in sobriaty.

1 Like

Dream of drinking wake up sober , after a while it will be dream sober and wake up sober , wish you well

1 Like

I was once told by an older sober member of AA that relapse dreams are not only very common but also that they stem from an unconscious fear that we will bust again. So l don’t worry anymore that they mean l am craving in my sleep,or that l am about to relapse. I think of them as being protective of something that l hold dear even while l sleep-my sobriety in recovery. Wishing you pleasant dreams :sleeping:

1 Like

Relapse dreams are very common and yes, they can be quite something!! You can search on here for dreams and find lots of threads …very interesting I think!

It is amazing how our bodies and minds can heal themselves thru these subconscious workings. And how we feel so deeply that we had relapsed…yet here we are, awake, sober, thankful!!! Our collective unconscious saying, I got you, you are healing, remember why you are closing that chapter. Strong stuff!!

Be gentle with your body, mind and spirit as you continue on this healing journey. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes