Restarting again..!

First time here, Today I start cleaning my house to keep myself busy. Any advice would be appreciated. I always relapse on the third or fourth day but I want this time to be different.

9 Likes

Welcome Marie.
Great day for a day 1.
It’s not my first day but I’ll take a day one with you, just for today.
ODAAT.
Have a good read around. Join in when your comfortable.

I hope to see you around.
:pray:t2::heart:

6 Likes

Anyone here will tell you I never give good advice…

But, as it hasn’t worked for you so far I would try to not do what you usually do on the 3rd or 4th day

Try something different, like stop cleaning now and go have fun…in a few days do day 1 cleaning, lets say day 4…and do day four cleaning on day eight…who knows, see what happens…if anything it will be a bigger cleaning job and that should help keep your mind off things…lol

Also, I’m not sold on the idea of numbers as much as want & will to make personal change, where possible.

Dont be hard on yourself and be well on your journey.

4 Likes

Being active here, reallllllly active here is a good first step.

3 Likes

Yes yes,
I will try different things,

I prefer the routine like, morning exercise, then some cleaning Always finding what to do next….
But it’s not working at the 3 or 4 day !!

1 Like

What is the routine on day 3 and 4? How does the booze creep back in? My cycle used to be day 7, and I would invent shopping lists, things I had to acquire on exactly that day from stores that, oops, had liquor aisles, sneaky little cans of wines preferred. I broke that routine by going food shopping on days I knew I wouldn’t be tempted or ordering on Instacart. Then on day 7, I would make plans that took me out of the house and put me with people and nowhere near an aisle with glimmering cans. Beach day. Thrifting. Farmers Market. Hike. What I’m getting at is know your routine on these dangerous days so you can break it. And have a plan in place for days 3 and 4 that gets you moving.

2 Likes

First of all, welcome! What I find helpful is journaling, walking, doing chores and coming on here at least once a day. I recommend being on here every day. This community is awesome. You’ll absolutely love it!

2 Likes

Change happens when the pain of change is smaller than the pain of staying the same.

Start journalling. What happens in your head and heart on day 3 or 4? It’s not the numbers that are tripping you up. It’s the function alk has in your life becoming active. We’re all alkies and druggies for a reason, it fulfilled an important function in our lives. It numbed us from pain and and made intolerable experiences + feelings tolerable. Work on making this function conscious and start fulfilling your own needs yourself, without relying on the escape. This is the long haul plan.

In the short term, get your sober muscles pumping by immersing yourself in recover content. Resources for our recovery
Pick three and stick w them. After a few weeks, mix and match.

Become active on here. Read read read. And stay accountable. Checking in daily to maintain focus #56

And take guidance from the ppl who’ve walked the walk before you:
Your #1 tip for sobriety (over 2 years sober)

Welcome. You can do this. Only you can do this.

4 Likes

Damn you are a wise lady!!

3 Likes

Thank you, it’s to balance out the nasty.

:grin: :purple_heart:

4 Likes

Agreed. @Faugxh posts are the bomb.

2 Likes