Runners and other fitness freaks

Hills are no joke! Yet so good for ya to push through. Being in California I used to skate around the rose bowl. Good hills! These days I’m like uuug this hill is killing my quads. My husband is set on getting me a mountain bike. Why do click in shoes freak me out?? :disappointed:
I need to abandon ship immediately if needed.

1 Like

We don’t use clip ins for any of our riding.

Yes, used to love running hills in beast mode…especially at 10 degrees! Now, I need to acclimatize to running in 90s weather and humidity…not sure I will succeed.

2 Likes

You can do it!! Your brain wants to tell you when you’re tired but your body says otherwise. I also do Spartan races. I refuse to listen to my brain. It’s the same bastard that justifies a drink.

Thanks for the pep talk. I will get there. Right now I am super focused on getting back to 100% after a fall off a ladder right onto my plantar fasciitis heel…am so close to 100%…psyched! I was in constant agony for months. Trigger point and yin have been incredibly healing and restorative.

2 Likes

Just made 60kg on my 5X5 barbell squats for the first time ever so pretty stoked with that :smiley:

4 Likes

@Leelee77 Click on shoes freak me out too…even when I see someone wearing them in spin class…lol

2 Likes

Love this thread, 19 days sober and I’m struggling to get back into running.
It seems strange that I could run 10k and half marathons when I was drinking?
These posts are giving me encouragement to get back into running. Well done to all :sunglasses:

6 Likes

You just have to drag your ass out and get started. The first 2-3 weeks are hard then you start to enjoy it.

5 Likes

You can do it. I ran all last year with hangovers. I thought I could sweat it all out ready for the next round of drinking. The last 30 days not drinking have been better runs than any of those, and I’m not missing any due to not feeling up to it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was doing Fitnessblender on youtube every day, but recently rediscovered my Jillian Michaels dvds. Very different style. Love both. Also I’m trying to start running a little. Making myself start slow, just a mile or two. Feels good to be outside.

2 Likes

5km done this evening. :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

Feeling tired from it and have a sore calf.

Sore and tired but sober :grinning:

3 Likes

So there is a free app called “30 Day Fitness Challenge” that allows you the luxury of doing simple workouts in the comfort of your own home. (No weights required). So, for some who are fresh in recovery and may not have transportation to and from the gym, this app is amazingly easy. Plus you get an awesome cardio workout!!:+1::+1:

I would also say, there’s a big outdoor gym for us all to go and get healthy for free. Start walking, hiking, cycling and get those endorphins flowing.

2 Likes

10km done. Difficult people in work today, kept my cool and released the stress in my run.

First time out since last Thursday so pushed on a bit further, sore legs tomorrow.

3 Likes

Well done @Daithi!

I am fairly active. I used to run, haven’t in the past year or so, been off and on with plantar fasciitis and a bum ankle…my hope is to add running back in eventually, tho it can be a real bitch in Florida in the summer.

I strength train/circuit 3 times a week, yin yoga twice a week, bike usually 2 or 3 days a week, more in the winter…either on a paved trail or single trak in the woods…we get to walk around Disney a few days a month (a Disney day is at least 6 miles walking, often 11 or 12 miles)…and I do a trigger point/stretch class once a week. I also do a lot of gardening and push mow the lawn …quite the workout in the summer.

As I’ve aged, I find I need the stretch of yoga more and more and yin is very meditative, which is a huge bonus.

Yesterday I did an hour and a half of yin yoga, today was a strength training day. Now, it is pool party time. :grin:

3 Likes

Been working out and skating. My gym membership expired yesterday so I’m trying out some crossfit gyms next week.

2 Likes

I loved Crossfit! I had to give it up from the monthly expense when my daughter started all of her sports.

Mama is hustling for a raise and I just may take it back up when I get it!

Still out running when I can but have had a hectic few weeks so not updating as much. 4km in 24.15 done tonight, first run in 10 days but fitting walking and push ups etc in-between.

Holiday weekend and off Friday to Monday so planning more activity. Glad to be sober for it all :grinning:

Stay active everyone.

3 Likes

I love this thread! Just what I need! I love running. I’m surrounded by the peak district in England and I love getting out in the freshaping air in beautiful surroundings. It’s tough training though and sometimes I long for a flat easy run. I try to get up early most days to get in strength training too…hiit, weights, cardio. It’s so good for my state of mind and starts the day off well. I’m already realising that stopping drinkingredients is so much better for my training too. My abs are finally appearing after 2 years lol! ! :joy: keep up the positivity people! Love it :heart_eyes:

3 Likes