Runners in 2023 - 5K/10K/13.1/26.2/Ultra

It definitely helps keeping me on the straight and narrow. In the past if lost a lot of training to wasted weekends. Keep on building on the training, nothing beats the buzz of a finish line.

2 Likes

Ooof!! That sucks. My hip flexors are a weak spot for me as well. You need the rest. If it was me I would take the week off and focus on stretching and healing. You don’t want to injury it worse and be out longer or worse miss out on your Marathons

2 Likes

Great job on 3 years sober and the half marathon! That’s a fantastic time :confetti_ball::tada:

Tonight’s staying sober run

7 Likes

Thanks so much!

1 Like

First run with my new Brooks Ghost Goretex running shoes for the coming winter season. They are without support, which I normally do need, but it went smoothly. I’m still not fast, but I’m getting faster.

It nearly drove me crazy to get all the information on winter gear and THEN have to pay for it.:wink:

2 Likes

What winter gear did you get? Most everything stays the same for me but I switch to full length leggings. I have a pair of fleece ones that are really nice for below freezing temps. I also have some fleece pullovers and a full face mask that covers my face and neck, like for skiing :joy:

I’ve a ski mask from my bicycling time at the university, because we had winters with usually -14 °C.:wink:

I bought some running leggings, a running vest, waterproof gloves and beanie, and the already mentioned shoes. I’ve to buy some more merino wool stuff in the near future.

4 Likes

Interview with the winner of the Ultra-Trail du Mont-Blanc. It’s her 3rd 100 mile race she has won this summer :exploding_head::exploding_head:

3 Likes

That was great, wow! She’s kind of on a different level :smile:

1 Like

Not sure what’s going on with my hip flexor strain. The left one now seems to be having sympathy pains :see_no_evil: I just hope it’s not the start of something. Really should go see a physio but I won’t due to cost ect. It’s manageable I can work through this I’ve been around long enough.
I saw something on insta that I think I’m going to try in a few weeks time. 5km every hour for 8 hours. Looks a nice little challenge. I’d have to knock out the last few knto make it a marathon distance at the end. I just need a nice day and the time to do it.

2 Likes

Hmmm… interesting challenge. That would be a tough one for me psychologically.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Better not to fuel with candies before run. After work got tempted for quick snack. Bad idea. Also needed some hydration.

2 Likes

Tonight’s sober run. My Birthday is at midnight and Im gonna make it a great one while staying sober!

4 Likes

Happy Birthday!!!

1 Like

Thanks so much! Gonna be a great sober day and I’m gonna end it with a fantastic run!

1 Like

Happy Birthday!:confetti_ball::tada::confetti_ball::birthday:

Have a great time!

1 Like

Thank you so much!

1 Like

IMG_5245

4 Likes