Runners in 2023 - 5K/10K/13.1/26.2/Ultra

I got my ass out to run today. Yeah, me :grimacing:

3 Likes

Run post weights

2 Likes

I have been doing more weights than running lately and I can tell. Still not a bad one for me

How are you @theboroguy?

1 Like

I just ran till I felt like stopping. It was a good run. It felt good both mentally and physically.

I’ve reached the three reply point so editing to add today

I put some serious effort into this one. I almost always try to pace for endurance but I tried to leave it all out there today. It’s been a while since I’ve done a run like that :hot_face:

4 Likes

Another run maybe like 8 km after work. I ran in a big hypoglycemia which wasn’t fun and I had to walk back to work. It was too warm already for my liking. But it was nice to start right after work and not getting home and having to convince myself to get moving again.

3 Likes

I took off from today’s weight training because I just wasn’t feeling it. I also wasn’t feeling this run (which can be seen in the spilts lol) but it got done. I may do a few short ones this week but long run coming this weekend.

4 Likes

I was so close to negatives but I’ll take the consistency :running_woman:t2::tada:

2 Likes

I love running. The only place my mind stops racing. I often wonder what I would replace it with if I couldn’t do it anymore.

2 Likes

I used to be a runner. Now I don’t run regularly anymore as I have issues with my left big toe. I am grateful that my interests as so varied (which annoys me sometimes as well) that I can replace it. I still miss it. But being able to walk or hike on a long term is far more important to me.

4 Likes

Me too :joy: I have thought about giving biking a go because I have an indoor bike but I’m just not a fan of it. I’d probably like it better if it was outdoors.

1 Like

Easy paced run this morning. Guess I had some speed leftover for that last mile :joy:

1 Like

Runner here! It’s my daily medicine at this point. When I run, I don’t want to drink or smoke. I’m thinking about entering the Berlin half marathon next year

5 Likes

:joy::woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

I’m glad to see this post on today. Running is a very important part of my recovery tool kit too. I get out on trails near where I live with a few other guys (one other also in recovery) on a weekly basis and it does wonders for me. I am with you guys that do ‘slow and steady’ as I am the same - the important part is that I get out and run. Some days I don’t feel like it, but I am always glad I got out when I finish running. I highly recommend group running too, encouraging each other is a great motivator!

2 Likes

Easy paced 10K. My body felt really good. It was one of those runs where I just set out with my pack. I was going to stop at 5 miles but at that point what’s another mile lol

2 Likes

I think I’m dropping some money on a Marathon today. I had swore them off, but, it’s pulling at me again. I also think I need to lock in on some training for awhile. Signing up for one always does that. I swear, if I ever break 4 hours, I’m done forever!

3 Likes

This ultra is currently underway so here is a bit of history on it. Last I saw there are 5 runners still going right now

2 Likes

Thanks for posting! I watched a documentary on this race (while running on the treadmill at the gym :slight_smile:) a few years ago. I had forgotten all about it. I need to check out the results.

2 Likes

I just did. 3 finishers this year when there haven’t been any in 6 years!! First 2 finished in 58 hours and some change and the third finished with only 7 minutes to spare. I can’t believe they ran/hiked for 60 hours straight!!

5 Likes

Wow, the last finisher made it by only 6 1/2 minutes!

2 Likes