Runners in 2023 - 5K/10K/13.1/26.2/Ultra

True. You right. I went without headphones today and even though I have my watch I generally don’t look at it till I’m done when it’s a hard effort. I go with how my body feels. I think I’m just frustrated because it took me sooooo long to get where I am pace wise and it feels like I’ve taken steps backwards

2 Likes

My SIL got me this off my Christmas list. I’m super excited to read it

7 Likes

Please share your review!

1 Like

My run from yesterday.

It was hard as hell run, i dont know why exactly. Weather? My mental state? Physical state? Fuck knows, I was just happy when I was back home :slight_smile:

6 Likes

My MIL got me a walmart gift card so I did what any responsible runner would and got a new water vest and bottle to go with it. I currently have the kind that has the bladder in the back but it’s on its last leg and I’ve been eyeing the ones with the bottle for a while

6 Likes

7 Likes

Kept forgetting to press start on my watch, finally remembered and did 5.7km today. And got my number and tag and everything for the race on the 8th. :muscle:

4 Likes

Awesome Pace!:astonished:

1 Like

Hey,

A bit late to the party but I also love running. Its my most important tool in my sober toolbox. I completed my third marathon this year at Brighton (England) and was my second in under 4 hours. Ive suffered from niggling injuries this year and this contributed towards relapse. Ever since I’ve been fighting to get fit and back on the sober bus. Just a little bit of runners knee now but am hoping this is the last of it. Good to be here :muscle:

7 Likes

My hip and back aren’t perfect but I feel super fit. Running through mud and deep puddles tonight, I did my first half marathon since last summer. Brilliant feeling.

14 Likes

You can’t beat exercise for motivation when it comes to sobriety. I can’t see me ever getting to under 4 hours for a marathon but just doing it is what keeps me clean. :+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes

I agree 100%. I need to find coping mechanisms for when im injured as thats a real problem. Never say never on sub 4. I was visualising my retirement speech at mile 20 but still managed to sneak in with about 30 seconds to spare :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Nice job on your half marathon :confetti_ball::confetti_ball:

2 Likes

Ok, started my 50 mile challenge today. Did 7.25 miles on the track and the treadmill at the gym. It’s an icy mess outside! Plan on meeting my buddy at 9 AM tomorrow and we’re gonna trudge trough the ice/water/snow.

7.25 miles down, 42.75 to go in 6 days.

Thanks for listening. I really need to focus on this. The cravings are calling me big time over break

5 Likes

Keep it up man! Run away those cravings. It’s one of the best ways to do it.

2 Likes

Great challenge! Will be following to see how it goes :+1:

1 Like

Great job :clap::clap:

Miles are so much easier to get done without being hungover :blush: I’m inspired by your 50 mile challenge. On one of my guided runs the other day the coach said be a bufffalo. :joy: Buffalo run into a storm head on while other animals run away from it. You got this! You can do all the hard things :confetti_ball::running_woman:t2:

2 Likes

Thank you :pray:t2:
This one is from today.

5 Likes

Day 2: 3.5 miles (so far). So, this started out as a jog until we both fell on the ice. No damage, we were prepared. It was like a skating rink. Literally. There are kids ice skating on the sidewalks/driveways :smile:. Ended up taking over an hour, it was fun. My friend is a good influence. I’m thankful to have gained a great “non-partying” friend.

Total: 10.75 miles. I will probably hit an indoor track later for some real running.

Remaining: 39.25 in 5 1/2 days.

3 Likes