Runners in 2023 - 5K/10K/13.1/26.2/Ultra

Just doing hard things :hot_face: longest run in a while and the sun was rough. Not a damn cloud in the sky to help me out with the heat beating me up.

6 Likes

Do you run straight through or take some walk breaks on those long ones?

2 Likes

Great job Jen! Training for anything or just doin your thing?

2 Likes

I took walking breaks yesterday. Mile 13 and14 were literally me just trying to get home. Mile 14 was pretty much all walking actually because I was so tired, hot and thirsty. I ran out of water somewhere in mile 12. The temperature increased almost 20 degrees during the run. It was 41 when I started and 65ish when I was done.
@fl_flower_grl just me being me :joy: Not training for anything at the moment

3 Likes

Completing a struggle run is the best!

I’m not trying to give unsolicited advice, just sharing what I started doing…

About 5 years ago I met this lady in a hotel gym. She talked me into doing the run/walk method. It always changes, but right now I run for 3 min, 40 sec then walk for 45 seconds. I repeat that the whole run. I pretty much do that for anything over 4 miles. During the walk break I stretch my arms, do a few torso twists, check my breathing, check my pulse, and do a couple high knee steps to stretch my legs. Most of all, it’s a great mental break. I actually have ran my fastest marathons doing this method.

However you do it, logging big miles is awesome!

2 Likes

Lol yes to the struggle run :joy: Towards the end I wanted to quit but I didn’t have another way home except my legs :woman_shrugging:t2:

Sounds like the Galloway method. I’ve heard of it. That’s basically what I was doing yesterday but I didn’t have a set time to run and walk. I was just going for as long as I could and then walking.
My biggest problem lately is a mental block. My legs and breathing will be fine but my mind tells me to walk. I keep giving into it too.

2 Likes

Successfully did a morning before work run. Need to get used to it. It’s already getting too warm in the afternoon here and I love the air in the early morning. Mostly trails and no naked people laying around. :crazy_face:

6 Likes

IMG_2918

4 Likes

It was a Pr morning :blush::tada::confetti_ball:
@Mephistopheles

6 Likes

Awesome! You will be sub 30 minutes before you know it!

2 Likes

First test training for a 5 K charity run at the end of June.:scream::person_facepalming:t3:

4 Likes

I have thought about making that a goal but this run was definitely hard effort :joy: I’m not sure if I can get much faster but that won’t stop me from trying

1 Like

I think that they should expect to get caught if they do it in the open.:sweat_smile:

1 Like

3 Likes

First increasing to 6.5k in 6 weeks.

5 Likes

Got a marathon to run on 28th of may my second one I’ve done.the training has been up and down but will give it my best shot aslong as I complete will be happy

5 Likes

I haven’t done a full marathon yet, but I feel the same about the completing is the goal of any race or run.
Good luck on your marathon! I hope you have a blast

5 Likes

I’m starting running as a beginner in approx a week and I’m so excited :laughing:
:running_woman: Just thinking about it - being able to go further than around the block makes me feel free I can’t wait to really feel that feeling.

I’l post here after my first go at it, and a screenshot of my stats and we can see if I’m a natural or not :sweat_smile:

I have my running clothes being delivered just still looking at trainers. I have a new pair Iv had for a while but I’m not sure they will be up to running or not.

6 Likes

I have programme on my watch that is like walk for 2 mins then run for 2 mins it’s for beginners so I will follow that, and hopefully build up to being a runner.
I have been watching you tube beginners guided and stuff as I want to do it properly and without hurting my self. The aim is to be able to run but I don’t want to just go for it and quite because I didn’t start at beginning level. Thank you also for the advice, I need it and welcome it very much :hugs:

4 Likes

I guess I should imagine jogging and walking and jogging and walking

Am planning to use one of these plans.

5 Likes