Runners in 2023 - 5K/10K/13.1/26.2/Ultra

I will definitely check out Strava.

This is when I click on that plan, so it really is beginner.
I should be able to manage this as I do exercise alot of swimming. And il keep doing this one for few weeks or until it feels like I’m walking and feels easy.

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

One of those runs where I just grabbed my pack and went out. Had to pick it up the pace a bit towards the end cause the rain started

5 Likes

Quick late night run last night in the pitch black. Was real spooky in dense fog and I turned around early when I started hearing coyotes down the road :scream: I don’t know how I used to be so comfortable going for long night runs in rural areas before.

9 Likes

I feel so proud I achieved this a week after a massive cocaine and alcohol binge. It motivates me to stay sober and be a better person.

8 Likes

4 Likes

Another 5k done. Going from once a week to now breaking into running twice a week. Slow progress but I’d rather make sure I’m being consistent. Logging in to keep my self accountable :blush: sending lots of good vibes to everyone x

5 Likes

5k in 2 parts. Ran to an AA meeting and then home

5 Likes

I picked up my race packet tonight for the half on Saturday. All I can do now is sleep and eat well for a few nights!

8 Likes

My beginers first ever try.
Il do this for a few months or until my body just flows with it.
So glad i tried, it feels good. Il stay at this leverl and do this routine until i feel more capable. Build myself up progressing at the level my body needs.

No great stats, but they will improve in time. Not sure i even understand half of them but this is a learning experience and a lifestyle change so it will all come if i keep trying and be consistent.

Edit: I am actually really proud of myself :sweat_smile:. I wouldn’t be able to have even walked fast if I was still smoking. And that I felt confident to just go for it even if I thought everyone was going to look or laugh at me :sweat_smile: I did it. I actually did it. That’s huge for me.

6 Likes

Thank you, it did help doing the 22 mint programme as it’s connected to my watch and it became easier when it told me to breathe every three steps in and every three steps out.
I will go again every morning for 22 mins same. And then a swim a little after.

2 Likes

Awesome, good job!

Warning… this stuff is addictive!:smile:

4 Likes

Well, not quite what I was hoping for in the Half, but I was happy with my effort. It was hot! Yet again, I forgot to start my timer so I missed the first mile. I have 1:49:38 for 11.99 miles, so it is going to be very close to a sub-2 hour. I’m enjoying reading and taking care of myself post race instead of the old me’s celebratory drinking antics.

7 Likes

Nice start!:muscle:t2:

Looks like a really cool app for beginners.:star_struck:

2 Likes

Third increase. It’s totally counterintuitive, but it gets easier?:thinking: I’m not able to understand this.:person_shrugging:t3:

4 Likes

Completed another 5k with my sister. Went out early as wev got beautiful weather at the moment. Tide was in too. A lovely start to the day

5 Likes

Before work run. The only goal of this run was to not walk. I’m been real liberal with my walk breaks lately. I hit the goal and I ain’t even mad about the pace. It’s pretty consistent.

Great job on your half @Gorden!!! :confetti_ball::confetti_ball:

5 Likes

Thanks! Now I’m all in on Half’s. I’ve been searching the web for my next. I think one a month for the next year is a good goal.

I know what you mean about not worrying about the pace. There are many days just getting out the door is a victory for me. Not every day can be the world’s greatest workout. What I need to avoid is skipping runs/workouts. That seems to be a compounding problem that gets out of hand very quickly.

4 Likes

yes!! This morning was one of those just getting out the door victories lol My breathing was off and my legs felt heavy but I got it done.
I almost made the goal of doing a half each month this year. I think that might next year. I have a goal of 500 miles for this year. I have a bit over 200 miles currently

4 Likes

Good solid run this morning

4 Likes

Did some hill repeats in Mile 2. That was… fun and hard

5 Likes