Runner's log

Your dreds are pimp though

Keep at it though. Dreds are bad ass. They fall in the punk category,

Iā€™m thinking about corn rowing my fro

1 Like

Got me beat. I melted in my chair. I ainā€™t doin shit :joy::joy:

I used Runkeeper App on a sail in the Bay this weekend just for fun. I still need to actually try it on a run! :joy:

1 Like

Yes, it had a bunch of other stats. I just didnā€™t capture them. Itā€™s a new app so I was playing with it a bit. It also has splits and elevation charts, miles, duration, min/mile and calories. Better pic:

3 Likes

26th and today! Progress is my motivation! 28 days sober. So excited to reach a month. I have all of you on this app and God to thank!

2 Likes

Hey! I think this is amazing! I love running as well! How does it start and what do we do to keep in running touch?

Iā€™m on Runkeeper, too. I really love the app, but Iā€™ve been running on the treadmill at home due to the heat(Iā€™m lazy right now but 24 days sober so not complaining!). Do yā€™all think the calorie burn estimator and pace tracker are accurate?

Have not skated in over a week. It truthfully kicked my ass. 104 degrees and raining.

2 Likes

A heart rate monitor is a great idea. For now, enjoy this Instagram of me faceplanting trying out a kneeboard:

2 Likes

Haha ooooo other joys of water sports :joy::joy:

1 Like

I get hurt every single time, especially when I get the rare chance to go surfing. Fun times!

2 Likes

I used to run. Was a staple of military fitness. Last time I actually ran was 2011. Boogered my knee training for a marathon. Instead of powering down and switching to an alternative while healing, I tried to ā€œtrain through the painā€. Ran a half-marathon and knew by the half-way that I should stop. I didnā€™t. Finished the half, and that was it.

I walk, swim, bike and hike. No more running for me.

2 Likes

THank you so much for resurrecting! Heading to softball (indooršŸ˜‰) with my daughter now. Looking forward to reading is thread.

1 Like

Right on! :running_woman: :running_man:

1 Like

Philly runner checking in! Last race was the Philly Half in November. Drank beer and bourbon (wtf!) the night before to ā€œshake my nervesā€. Slowest time ever, felt like I was gonna die even tho Iā€™ve done that distance before and the weather was perfect.

Signed up for the full marathon in Nov '18 (my first). 5 days without any drinks. Trying to shine in 2018 and onwards, but right now Iā€™m trying to push through January.

And itā€™s too icy here to run outside so onto the treadmillā€¦ah well as long as these feets are moving and my will is strong.

3 Likes

Both my daughters loved the baby jogger. It was good for both of us as I get cabin fever easily and canā€™t stay inside for long!

All this running talk is getting me fired up to go runā€¦Iā€™m out the door w my dog !

3 Likes

Sounds good. Need some more personal accountability. Too easy to say itā€™s too cold or Iā€™ll work out tomorrow. Iā€™m down with the idea. Thanks for taking the initiative.

1 Like