Runner's log

my legs hurt!!..:rofl:

2 Likes

Nice elevation changes!

1 Like

Anyone else get some miles in today?

Iā€™m planning some intervals this evening after work. Thereā€™s a track around a park thatā€™s 0.3 miles, so my plan is to run them at or below 6 min/mi. I spent my weekend cycling and last week was a recovery week. This week itā€™s on though!

1 Like

Soā€¦ Have you booked a 1/2 marathon?? Iā€™m doing an event called rat race in May and I need to get up to 20 miles and 200 obstacles by then. Us anyone else lost their mind and signed up for something ridiculous? Or is it just me? X

1 Like

Not running related, but Iā€™m thinking about signing up for a 125 mile bike ride in May that has 12,356 feet of elevation gain! Farthest Iā€™ve ridden is 107 generally flat. Iā€™m going to focus on 5k running wise, hopefully win one eventually. The half marathon Iā€™m eveying isnā€™t until the fall. That obstacle course seems like itā€™ll be fun. There have been some around here, but not that intense.

3 Likes

Friends and I are training for the New York a city Half Marathon next month. I love NYC and have never done a race there. We plan to run ten miles tomorrow.

1 Like

Awesome! Signing up for crazy events is my new addiction!? I have signed up for all (3) distances of the Spartan obstacle course races this year as well as a 26k skyrunning event at 10k foot elevation.

1 Like

Bought new shoes and ran 5 km with them today, really liking the asics gel feel, never tried them before.

30 mins of weights and core after, feeling great for it.

4 Likes

Good for you. I want to get back in to swimming too, so going to swim tomorrow and give my calf a break from running for a couple of days.

2 Likes

Love the ASICSā€¦switched over to those for my most recent pair of road shoes. I run Salomons for mud and trails.

2 Likes

Wow! That sounds amazing! What a fantastic adventure! When are you doing it?

Wow awesome!! Iā€™ve seen the spartan races advertised. They look amazing! Have you done it before? Adventure races are a brilliant focus. You canā€™t go training with a hangover!

1 Like

It takes place May 20ā€¦itā€™s here in North Alabama, but itā€™s on the East side of the state, which is hilly, and Iā€™m on the West, which is flat. I punish myself regularly when it comes to fitness, so Iā€™m needing a new ā€œfixā€. Thats part of why Iā€™m getting into running, not bored of cycling, just wanting some variation to keep things interesting.

2 Likes

That sounds like a brutal ride, but definitely worth doing.

1 Like

More reason to get a bicycle!

2 Likes

Iā€™ve done 3 to date and Iā€™m signed up for 3 moreā€¦LOVE them. I used to do MTB/kayak/trail run based adventure races, but itā€™s been quite some time. I had actually become quite adept at training with hangoversā€¦I would even vomit on occasion during training runs :roll_eyes: sounds so freaking stupid now that I think of it. I never realized my full potential thoughā€¦now that I am sober, I am able to train so much harder so much more frequently. It is a huge difference in my performance, having alcohol out of my life.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Such a great reward for getting sober. Ive always done loads of climbing, mountain biking and fell running with circuit training and spinning in between. But when I had my daughter it became so much harder to get out on adventures. And I could make some great excuses when I had a hangover.

1 Like

I totally agree. ā€œI donā€™t have time is one of the biggest lies we tell ourselvesā€ ā€¦when we had kids it was the same for us. Amazingly with young children, although we never had time (seemingly) to go to the gym or train the way we wanted, we could certainly always find time to drink. Now Iā€™m making that time - I ride mtb with my oldest and climb with all three of themā€¦they are all doing the next Spartan race I do too (kids version)ā€¦my oldest has already done 2 before. Paradigm shiftā€¦if itā€™s important enough we find time and find a way.