Running in Recovery in 2024

No it’s still there! Just moved the last 3 (mine and 2 reactions on it) to this one because I didn’t want to post on both :face_with_peeking_eye:
Just choose the most active one. It was also some praction for myself as moderator :hugs:
Sorry if I confused anybody by it.

3 Likes

Sunday funday

5 Likes

Are you planning on doing another 5k, or are you just following a plan to get back into it? I’ve thought about doing another run myself; last one was a half in 2019 and then the world shut down lol.

Congrats on your progress so far! :hugs:

3 Likes

I’m just following a plan to get back to 5 k.
3 days in a week and for 16 weeks :face_with_peeking_eye:
Slowly, but I hope I succeed with both knees still happy.

3 Likes

Manchester marathon today. Sore hamstring stopped me getting a PB but very pleased with 4:45:53. That’s over an hour quicker than I was 2 years ago when I was still drinking.

17 months sober today.

19 Likes

That’s great! Congratulations on both achievements!!!

2 Likes

Congratulations. Fantastic time!

2 Likes

Awesome! Congrats!

2 Likes

Great job!!! I hope you had a blast!

1 Like

Yeah the hamstring tugging held me back but it was exciting. And with 32,000 runners and 100,000 spectators the atmosphere was brilliant too.

5 Likes

Wow! That’s a huge race :exploding_head:

1 Like

Yes it’s massive. And as it’s really hard to get a place in the London Marathon- next weekend- the one in my own back yard is a very suitable alternative :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Well done, great to knock so much time off

2 Likes

Way to go @Brian1965uk thats an insane amount of running

2 Likes

Well done Brian! :facepunch:
For the marathon ànd the 17 months!
Nice picture!

2 Likes

Well done you on both counts!! How’re you feeling now?? How’s the hammy?

1 Like

I feel pretty good. A little nauseous today but I often have that problem. Trying to hydrate properly and rest but I’m rubbish at resting.

The hamstring and hip are ok as long as I don’t run! Won’t be doing that for a week.

Removing the nipple plasters from my hairy chest wasn’t fun!! The toe plasters just came off to reveal at least 3 nails that won’t be with me long and some blisters. But the strapping kept them from hurting while running.

So all in all I’m in good shape and nothing I didn’t expect from previous marathons. :grimacing::grimacing::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Day 2 down, already one knee in pain.
Hope it’s just his way of telling me he needs time to adjust :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

This was hard but in a good way. My legs felt strong and I had a beautiful cloudy sky to look at

@SoberWalker A lot of knee pain comes from the surrounding muscles and ligaments not being very strong. Strength work is our friend. Are you using the same shoes you used when walking? You may need new shoes. Old shoes can cause shin and knee pain

6 Likes

5.5 kms in 50 minutes after one hour yoga class :facepunch:t2:

8 Likes