Running in Recovery in 2024

No, I use my running shoes. They are practical new and bought in a good store with advice.
I have an injury in my left popliteal for a few months now. Havent seen a doctor yet. But when running it hurts. I hoped by triggering it it would heal :face_with_peeking_eye:
I will look into some strenght workouts, thank you! :+1:

1 Like

Getting ready for hiking season by trail running on steep trails. This one had 800 feet in about 1.4 miles. Then a couple miles of pure bushwhacking hell.

6 Likes

I would have passed away :scream:

2 Likes

Screenshot_20240416_203056_Connect

Nice hard run in the pouring rain. Cleanses the soul! Just a couple easy runs left before a half marathon this weekend. Can’t wait!

11 Likes

You gave me the boost I needed to also head out in the rain today :slight_smile: I had to remind myself - I’m not made of sugar and will not melt… haha

4 Likes

Which state are you doing this weekend?

1 Like

The Earth Day Half Marathon in beautiful St. Cloud, Minnesota. :slightly_smiling_face:

My tour of the south is over now that it’s nice up here.

2 Likes

Once you accept the fact you will be soaked, it’s pretty great! As long as it’s not windy :laughing:

3 Likes

Yes!!! It was a great run - nobody else was out, and the sound of the rain in the trees was so magical

2 Likes

Sloooowly, but that’s what I need to do :hugs:
Knee did hurt a bit but less then last time, so I’m positive!

7 Likes

:running_woman:t2::partying_face::heart: First run with NO walk breaks!!! It’s been months!!! :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

8 Likes

:slight_smile: :mirror_ball: AWESOME!!! :confetti_ball:

2 Likes

Good morning runners,

Todays the 5k. Im nervous but just going to do my best. The only goal is to finish. My achilles still isnt 100%. Taking the approach that this run/walk will be a baseline for me. Maybe i wont want to do another 5k who knows. Signing up for this was just motivation to keep focused on my weightloss/health journey.

Here we go…

9 Likes

Have so much fun!! Enjoy the run and community of runners :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Enjoy your run! I think you gonna love it :relieved:

3 Likes

Good run. I’m charged :muscle:t2:

11 Likes

Hi CJ.

I would only give one piece of advice which always helped me. Stretch beforehand and take the first two km slower than you want to. Then enjoy whatever pace you find suits you after your body is nice and warm.

Good luck!!

4 Likes

I hope you had a blast! The race atmosphere is so much fun! Let us know how it went :partying_face::running_woman:t2:

3 Likes

Did it! I did way better than i thought i would. The race atmosphere helped. Only slight achilles pain. Towards mile 2 it was more intervals than constant running. Proud of my results and a solid baseline

11 Likes

Girllllllllll- You fast!!! Way to go :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

2 Likes