Running in Recovery in 2024

Decent run this morning. I had a pretty consistent pace for the run intervals :partying_face: The wind was not my friend this morning. This could have been a perfect run if not for the stupid wind :melting_face:

3 Likes

Look at how your intervals are spot on!!! Amazing!!!

2 Likes

Working up for a half in two weeks - did my last “long run” this morning and it felt great; perfect weather, finished before the city really got out and about, but enough people around to keep it interesting :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This was a mentally tough one. We are having insane winds with 26 mph gusts. It wasn’t cold but the wind made it so. I changed up the route I was running so I wasn’t running straight into the wind. And apparently I don’t understand the stride thing. On the .1 run part my garmin was saying too fast and then I slowed down and it said too slow :woman_facepalming:t2::woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

Well done you for getting out though. I skipped my morning run today because it was blowing a gale. It’s the only weather I can’t stand.

3 Likes

I haven’t done an interval workout outside in a loooooooong time (usually would be on a treadmill); I’m so proud of myself!!

4 Likes

Didn’t check in here for a while but I’m still running :slight_smile:

Very pleasant late morning run

5 Likes

I’m up to training a very slow 5k now. Takes me 42 minutes but the first five minutes are walking. Proud of myself, I’m not a natural at all.

6 Likes

This was good stuff!! My foot felt decent and my back was hurting too bad. :running_woman:t2::partying_face:

5 Likes

Nice!!! Glad everything is holding up :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Annoyed that I forgot to take a pic of my treadmill today, but ran 2.5 miles. Just a quick workout. :sunglasses:
images-1

9 Likes

Gotta love a quick run; Haha - buddy….lol

4 Likes

35 min. :running_woman:

6 Likes

So today was a first meeting and running of new runners sports club called ‘‘TEMPLE Social Club’’
It was rainy day - perfect for run :sun_behind_rain_cloud: :smiling_face: :hugs:

GIF_20240414_133256_117

9 Likes

A running club is getting started here but I haven’t been able to make any of the meet ups yet. I’m excited and nervous. I’ve never done a group run before

4 Likes

Hi all,
I started just today with the app from zero to 5 k.
So did week 1, day 1.
I am a formal runner and used to run half a marathon untill my right knee said: find yourself a new hobby :face_with_peeking_eye:
Have had multiple therapy and doctors, and also dito diagnoses. Filled in the gap with walking, but tried running multiple times in the hope I could resume it. But every time my knee hurts and so I quit.
My last time is years ago so here’s for new beginings :facepunch:

So far so good :wink:

11 Likes

Meg_Takacs has videos on instagram and tiktok that are really helpful accessory work for us runners. She has a few videos about knee pain specifically

1 Like

Thank you! I will look into it :+1:

1 Like

I hadn’t realized that the old running thread was cancelled and was wondering about the missing postings.:thinking:

I have started running 10 k—two times until now—to prepare for a 6.5 k run in June. These additional 3.5 k to my regular stretch of 6.5 k gave me extreme muscle soreness, and I do not know why. :man_shrugging:t3:

Maybe someone had a similar experience? Thanks in advance!

4 Likes

This was super good stuff!! One of those good endorphin runs :running_woman:t2::heart::partying_face:

7 Likes