Running in Recovery in 2024

Great time! Congratulations :1st_place_medal::trophy:

3 Likes

Thanks for the encouragement and congrats. I want more!!

5 Likes

Congratulations with your 5k run and you time was good too! Uplifting isn’t it such a run with many others! And the endorphin rush afterwards :wink:

4 Likes

My fitness has been slipping a little this year, but managed to get my fastest parkrun of 2024 yesterday :man_running::grin:

9 Likes

Amazing time and I can certainly think of worse ways to do one! The river Wye is lovely!

3 Likes

Great run today!!! Good luck to everyone else who has a spring race :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Managed my 5kms within 42 minutes today. I’m not looking for speed too quickly, just building up slow. Felt strong and easy today though. :muscle:t3:

7 Likes

Last run in my 6 week program. I plan to take a week off and let my body rest from running and then I’ll pick a new program.

6 Likes

Well, that’s 12 months in a row! What a journey it’s been. Yesterday felt great, but the course was a bit short according to everyone’s watches. So, probably really a couple more minutes. I’m finding my pace better each time.

7 Likes

Are you going to keep going or are you done with the one a month half?

Great question🙂

Well, this all started with a bad race last May. That’s when I vowed to do one a month until the same race this year. That race is now June 1st this year, so, I will go until then for sure. But, now I’ve seen one in Utah I want to do in July. So, I’m thinking I’m going to have a hard time stopping this little obsession.

My times have got way better. But, that’s caused me to reflect a bit on what am I really looking to get out of this? Lots of things actually. Some not so obvious and a bit embarrassing to even talk about. But, it has also led me to some “skirmishes” with alcohol. I recently reset my sober date. I need to focus on a few things. I’ve made some changes and am coming to grips with some things in life.

So yeah, good question, haha. Nothing’s ever easy, as I always tell the youngsters at work🙂

Edit: Oops, meant to reply to your message @Runningfree

3 Likes

I found my next program I’m going to work. A 9 week 10k improvement plan. I looked at the planned runs and some of them will be a challenge. I set it to start next sunday

6 Likes

Went out running on Saturday and yesterday after work. Basically run a couple of songs, walk a song, and repeat 3 or 4 times. Not sure of distance or speed, but better than being on the sofa!

9 Likes

Did another round. Still in (knee) pain, but doing it anyway. Happy I went.

5 Likes

4 Likes

The trail runs are paying off when I do regular runs now. Going to need some new shoes soon. These ones have over 600 miles now

7 Likes

Just felt like running today. I was going to take a week off before starting my new program but :woman_shrugging:t2: The first 3 were ran and then walk breaks were thrown in for the last 3

3 Likes

Girl be careful dont go too hard too soon! Love this for you! @Runningfree

2 Likes

I might have pushed a little far distance wise but I’m feeling alright. I wanted a baseline to compare with the new program. The last 2 miles were a bit of a struggle though

1 Like

Ha - I know that feeling all too well….one minute you’re running along thinking “I feel AMAZING!!” and then the next thing you know, your body is reminding you that no…

Epson salts and active recovery!! :slight_smile:

1 Like