Running in Recovery in 2024

Congrats! Wonderful accomplishment and you had fun

1 Like

Not bad for having to go to the bathroom 1/2 way thru :slight_smile: lesson learned…use bathroom b4 running

3 Likes

Haha, that is always the dilemma!

Good run!

3 Likes

Ran 4.9 km, with just one walk break in the middle. Speed was also up. I know it will be so hard to keep this up once it gets hot.

5 Likes

It’s really difficult for me lately to find a time for running. For a few days I was having this idea to wake up very early and do it in the morning. So today 5am wakey wakey, fast warmup and I went for a quick run. It was great but I must admit weather condition is perfect rn. So that was helpful.
Now, 6am, rest of gang still in dreamlands, I’m sitting here all charged but relaxed, showered and with cup of coffee :relieved:
Definitely not my last morning run.

5 Likes

Week 1 of the NRC plan :white_check_mark: I felt heavy from all the food I ate this past weekend but it was a good run!!

4 Likes

I haven’t ran in a week since my last 26.2 and I need to run this evening. I’m down on my endorphins and my legs are looking for a good stretch. Weather not great but I’m going regardless. I need my fix :thinking:

5 Likes

Another 5am run. Feeling gooooood :relieved:

5 Likes

I would die! I truly can’t comprehend how some people are able to do these kind of races

3 Likes

My brother in law does ultra marathons in high altitude / random mountains back to back and races where you race horses (horse versus man). Crazy. My knees creak just going up the stairs.

4 Likes

4.85 km today. Needed two walks, but speed was still up.

5 Likes

Did some running this morning. The Nike app has 5 planned runs each week. I normally only run 3-4 days so I decided to add 2 of the runs together today. I might do the same on friday since I work this weekend

5 Likes

Managed a 5k / 41 minute run after an hours yoga class today. I’m not getting faster really, but that’s ok. Maybe I’m not really focusing on cardio too much/enough? I’m not too fussed, but would be nice to manage a 35 minute max 5k at some point. I feel like I’m just a Pod and Plod type of gal. :v:t2:

6 Likes

Nothing wrong with Pod and Plod!

Although, I’m sure you can get to 35. Time isn’t everything, but it can be a way to measure progress and overall fitness. I find the faster I get, the more fun I have and the more I like to run.

4 Likes

I think that’s the key, it gets fun when you feel that max or effort. Currently I prefer to be comfortable. But I totally get you, I was once fast as well!

3 Likes

Making new habit - 5am run nr 3

4 Likes

Speed run followed by a recovery run today. It was good stuff, even though I wasn’t feeling like running.

4 Likes

Damn girl! That looks intense

1 Like

It was intense in a good way. It took me over an hour just to get my clothes on and get to the trail. I didn’t want to do anything this morning. Interval runs are one of my favorite things when I’m feeling that way. Something about the hard effort just floods me with endorphins

4 Likes

After 3rd kilometer I started thinking about that coffee I’m gonna drink at home :wink: Good run

8 Likes