Running in Recovery in 2024

Body balance cancelled today while I was there so hit the treadmill and got a 43 minute 5kms in! Then did an hour of insanely advanced Pilates. Now I’m dead, but I enjoyed it all :heart::v:t2:

3 Likes

I tried a Pilates class a few weeks ago and that shit was hard!!! I was more sore than when I do weight training :joy: and I hardy moved!!

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s brutal. And you barely move off the mat. I love it, but I’m sore now. Hitting 20k steps for the day by 7pm and every muscle aches :joy:. Got yoga in the morning.

2 Likes

Just starting to get into running, age and the amount I smoke doesn’t help and neither do some of the brutal hills around here but loving it

9 Likes

Hard 3-miler yesterday and medium 5 miles on the treadmill tonight. Gonna just do an easy few more miles tomorrow and Friday. Then it’s June’s half marathon on Saturday. I’m excited! I need to focus on sleep and eating right the next couple nights.:grinning:

8 Likes

Good luck!! That’s awesome!! Do you bring your own snacks (aka race nutrition…but I like to think of them as treats!!)?? What’s your pre-race meal??

4 Likes

Today and tommorow I’ll just eat fairly normal (2400 calories a day is my normal goal) but it will be a little more carb based. Day of race I usually just have one piece of dry toast in the morning and a small cup of coffee. I’ve found I just don’t like a lot of food in me. I’m generally a nervous person anyway so a full stomach doesn’t help with my normal butterflies!

This race has huge community support with lots of people giving out food so I’ll probably have a couple oranges and Jolly Ranchers in addition to the normal water and gatorade stations.:smile:

2 Likes

Holy moly did 30min legs then 45min run/walk at 2min intervals. Still struggling with running for longer periods. Work in progress.

Used runkeeper and youtube run mix

6 Likes

You’re flyin’ on your run intervals!

3 Likes

Thanks @Gorden doesnt feel like it, well it does in my lungs lol i think doing my 30min treadmill intervals has helped immensely

1 Like

Team Brooks here with two pairs of shoes.:smile: One pair with support for regular runs on pavements and a Gore-Tex protected pair for running in the fields.

I have to be the counterweight to the ASICS faction.:smile:

My yearly 6.5 k race is next Tuesday. I have been running up to 10 k during all seasons to stay fit and got even a little bit better. I hope the weather will be nice.:crossed_fingers:t3:

8 Likes

I am Team Brooks also! Actually, I think I’ve been Team Everything at some point. I still use multiple brands/styles. I think it’s good to rotate, works different muscles and makes my favorite pair feel even more oh so comfy on race day!:wink:

3 Likes

10 Likes

I normally run at around 5 a.m. The chances of getting bitten by a vampire at this time are higher than getting a sunburn or a tan.:smile:

3 Likes

I run around 6am and sometimes 430am (on my early work day) The desert sun hits hard. I already have tan lines developing :joy:

3 Likes

I’m going to walk the staircase up the CN Tower, in Toronto:

It’s not running exactly, but for me it’s my replacement for running. I’ve been walking the stair machine at the gym. I love it: it’s a great cardio workout and I really work up a sweat. I feel great when I’m done.

The CN Tower is 1,776 steps up from the ground up to the main deck (the large section in the upper middle), and 2,579 steps up from the ground to the SkyPod (the small sphere closer to the top of the tower, another 100 metres up). Today at the gym I was on the stair machine for 29 minutes and walked just more than 1,500 steps.

I will walk up to the SkyPod level. I’m feeling confident: I’m looking forward to this project. I’m going to train in the gym over the summer until I can walk 60 minutes without stopping, and at a reasonable heart rate, one which is sustainable for the whole ascent.

11 Likes

Looks amazing, great feat.

1 Like

I feel called out already rockin the fit bit tan lol

3 Likes

@Runningfree @Planipennia Early morning runs are something new for me but man I love it already!

3 Likes

Yesterday I’ve found out about a race not very far from my place - 10k next Saturday, here I come :slight_smile:

Edit: now I see I broke some PRs today. Bravo me :wink:

3 Likes