Running in Recovery in 2024

I signed up for a 5k this morning. I was surprised to find out it was crosscountry aka in the grass and up and down hills and i beat my 5k road race time in april!!! Official results arent out yet but about 27min.

My shoes and feet are soaked from the wet grass. The soles of my shoes bunched up during the run so that was uncomfortable but feeling upbeat and proud of myself. Fuck addiction and yay to cjp 4.0

11 Likes

hell yea!!! Nice work :running_woman:t2::confetti_ball:

2 Likes

Got official results!!

9 Likes

Very nice! Look at you go winning 3rd place for your age division :confetti_ball::confetti_ball::confetti_ball::3rd_place_medal:

2 Likes

This was a struggle bus run of I’ve ever had one! Let’s just say it was my first time :poop:ing during a run…. in the bushes :sweat_smile: Thankful I always take toilet paper. I almost called the hubs to come get me cause I was not feeling great

3 Likes

Sorry but I lol’ed :sweat_smile: This is one of my fears, that I’m gonna have to shit during run. Glad you had some bushes and toilet paper :slight_smile:

@Cjp very nice run! Congratulations! :bouquet:

2 Likes

I had one of the worst, or maybe the worst, run ever. It wasn’t very hot but kind of heavy weather, almost no wind but when it blew, it was hit of heat. I had huge appetite for running but already after first minutes I knew it’s not my day. It was constant “after this curve/this street lamp/this bridge I’m gonna walk” but I kept running just to have it done already. Finally I made 7km with not very bad tempo but man, I didn’t like it at all. I was still steaming even after the shower.
Yeah, it can’t be good always :wink:
Love running anyways.

6 Likes

Woahhh. How cool is that? We don’t have those runs here.:confused:

Nicely done, BTW!:ok_hand:t3::muscle:t2:

2 Likes

Awesome pace. Even more awesome because of the rough terrain!:scream::muscle:t2:

2 Likes

Same. I had my worst run in MONTHS today (mostly psychological). But it got done and hopefully I can get right back to where I’ve gotten myself recently: VERY close to all of my PBs…

3 Likes

@Mischa84 @Tetrax I’m so happy to know I wasn’t alone on the struggle bus today :people_hugging: Our next runs will be great, I just know it!

3 Likes

This month’s half… Stillwater, MN on Saturday. Primus concert the night before. Should be fun. Guess I better get some runs in before the race haha. Been kinda slackin with summer activities.

5 Likes

Sorry garmin, I needed some speed today. Did some intervals for the first part and then did easy run for the rest. I’m trying hard to not fall into a depressed state but it’s hard. Hell the endorphins aren’t even hitting that good

3 Likes

Wow, congrats! Great race and time!

1 Like

Thanks @MrMoustache trying to fall in love with longer distances…

2 Likes

Came back from a run, check my running app and whoa! Was I flying or what?! Much faster than my fastest run ever, I didn’t even feel that.

Checked my records and oh mother of runs, how did I do that?!

Is it some Spiderman kind of shit, I woke up with superpowers?!

But then I checked distance. It shows 8.5km and I run this route often and I know it’s 7km. So I’m not Flash, unfortunately. It’s just my phone/app acting up. Hope it is just one time thing.

(The same route)

But it felt good to feel super fast for a short moment :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

You are super @Mischa84

2 Likes

It was a late morning run 80degrees, sunny, and windy. I struggled but i got thru it

6 Likes

Garmin got its pace today :hot_face::fire:
Trail+92F

This was mostly definitely a “but did you die” kind of run

6 Likes

Hello sweet beautiful negatives. My body felt good today so I wanted to just run. No looking at the watch, just give it my all and I did. I was huffing and puffing at the end but I got me a little runner high :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

7 Likes