Running in Recovery in 2024

Well, that was not the race I was looking for. Look at those splits dropping (the descent into pain!).

I’d like to blame it all on the heat and humidity, it was very difficult. Race director was worried. Heck, even the 1:50 pacer collapsed. But, upon reflection on the car ride home, I wasn’t prepared. I’ve had some good races lately and I was resting on my laurels.

OK, time to move on. It’s over. Another one in the books!

7 Likes

It’s getting pretty hot out there by UK standards! I really rocked 15km / over 10 miles this morning. Heading for shade now!!

9 Likes

The feeling good part is the most important bit… although I do love the stats!! :grin:

3 Likes

11 Likes

“Long run” from this morning. Trail running always has my pace right where garmin wants it lol I looked ahead and finally next week has some speed work. Something called strides. I’ve never done that so it should be interesting

5 Likes

Another hot day in the UK. Up early and out with the dog for 2.5 hours, then straight out for a 5 mile run. Hiding from the sun watching the Olympics after watering the plants now. Mission(s) accomplished!

5 Likes

I am so happy I moved long run day to tuesday. My legs are trash after leg day yesterday. My calves are so sore!

6 Likes

Got about 10 miles in total yesterday between 2 runs, and a couple walks. It’s super hot, so time didn’t matter. Here’s a view of the Missouri river at the end of the day…

11 Likes

Not too shabby. I wasn’t really worried about pace, just distance. I’m feeling good about my trail race in 2 weeks :confetti_ball::running_woman:t2::heart: Also I’m starving :joy:

6 Likes

whew, this was a rough 5K sunday. My body is sore from yesterday but I got it done. Learned about the stride workout today and that was cool. Plus got hit with rain, just had fun with it. Grateful all my electronics are waterproof :cloud_with_rain:

@Gorden I have finally figured out what the top
part of Strava is above the splits. It’s the workout inside the run. Those long lines were the 20 second stride intervals and 45 second recovery

6 Likes

That part I knew since I used to exclusively do the Run/Walk method. However, I’m fairly clueless in general on Strava/Garmin. You should have seen me trying to pair my watch with my new phone… good heavens, what a gong show, lol. So, keep the tidbits coming please!

4 Likes

I’m one week into the couch potato to 5k challenge!

8 Likes

Great Job!! :clap: Keep it going :confetti_ball:

1 Like

Awesome run from yesterday

Are you guys using pre-workouts supplements?
I made a post in other thread my wanna ask my fellow runners as well

6 Likes

I don’t personally but I have tried them. They make me way too jazzy and very itchy. I really think it’s a personal preference

1 Like

I ran 3min straight 2x this morning! Progress :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Awesome picture! Thanks for sharing.:ok_hand:t3:

2 Likes

Decent stuff this morning. I 100% did not want to do this but somehow it got done. I ran for the first 40 minutes and then took a snack and water break then ran for 30ish minutes and took another walk break. The last 10 minutes before the cool down was a struggle

6 Likes

I just finished a 12 mile run yesterday. Literally my last stride, when I caught my right foot, stumbled and strained my knee. Painful front and back and clicking too. Seeing a physio tomorrow. I’m already worried that the Chester marathon in October might not happen. But let’s see what they say.

No bruising or unusual bumps and it’s very painful, but not agony!

The lesson from this is two hours in I didn’t listen to my body. I was tired and dehydrated. I didn’t carry enough water or energy snacks. My heavy legs made tripping more likely.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

10 Likes

Managed seven miles yesterday, which is a lot for me. I’m hoping to get in shape for some races next year. Running sure does help with mental health!

@Brian1965uk sorry to hear about your injury! Hope it’s minor with a quick recovery.

7 Likes