Running in Recovery in 2024

Hope it’s not too serious :crossed_fingers: Drop an update after you see the PT

5 Likes

Did a 10k run today. It was soo hot and the legs tired from a bike ride yesterday. Was very glad to at least finish at an average of 5:10 / kilometer. Very grateful that this is possible

9 Likes

That runnner’s math :joy:

7 Likes

I do this all the time! :rofl:

3 Likes

This got me so hard…I divide time sometimes into blocks of 30 secs. :joy::joy::joy::joy:

6 Likes

It’s an ACL injury. This week they don’t think it’s a tear. When the swelling and stiffness has reduced a bit next week they’ll decide if I need a scan. No running for at least 4 weeks but it could end up longer. It is what it is. I’m doing a strengthening exercise rehab course and hopefully that’ll do it.

The usual rest, ice, compression and elevation.

Time will tell!! It could be way worse.

At least I’ve got Olympics and Paralympics to distract me!!

5 Likes

This was good work. My legs felt strong! My trainer was out yesterday so no leg day :joy: I’m sure that had something to do with it

@Brian1965uk I hope you heal up and it’s not a tear. I’ve been through that… twice. It’s no fun!

6 Likes

If it turns out it is I’ll be asking your advice on recovery. But, fingers crossed!! It feels sore today but not as bad. Remaining optimistic :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Not much running lately… Still better than nothing.

5 Likes

16th month in a row of a Half Marathon race today. 2:01 on a trail course in beautiful Anandale, Minnesota. It was a tough course so I’m happy with it. Just got home, time for a shower and a nap!

Now that I’m a watch runner, I don’t carry my phone anymore. Which means, no more cool pictures during the race. But, I snapped this on the way home. Captures the vibe…

7 Likes

Absolutely!

2 Likes

Holy shit :hot_face::cry: I HATE summer running. I was trying to wait till it cooled off a bit but it was still 94F. This was so hard to 1) go and do and 2) keep going till it was done

4 Likes

An evening/late afternoon run? Where you live? Ouch!

Good job!

3 Likes

I didn’t want to get up at 330am. It’s my work weekend. Can you guess what time I shall be waking tomorrow :joy:

3 Likes

You’re a machine! Makes me feel bad about my own efforts! :grimacing:

1 Like

Don’t feel bad!! You are fast and run a ton of halfs. I’m just trying to get back there and am determined to see this garmin plan through

1 Like

4 Likes

5K sunday done as a progression run in the early morning hours

5 Likes

Nice run in the morning without a malfunctioning watch like last time.:+1:t3:

Time is OKish, and I plan to finally run 10 k again on the next weekend. This weekend had too many activities, including a 20 km hike to go for 10 k in the morning.

@Brian1965uk I’m sorry to read about your injury.:confused: Have a speedy recovery!:muscle:t2:

7 Likes

Forgive me if out of line here… Running surely does not make those arms. I’m an old lady so I can say it WOW!

1 Like