Running in Recovery in 2024

A 10k isn’t horrible. I wasn’t in the mindset yesterday which made it feel worse mentally but I just took a few extra walk breaks. I’m not sore like I am after longer distances. If you can do a 5k, you can do a 10k. Don’t expect the same pace though. If you ever listen to guided runs they talk about the different paces. 10k pace is a little slower and more relaxed than a 5k.

2 Likes

Ive never done a guided run. I guess i use runkeeper that just shouts out run/walk. Is that what you mean?

1 Like

Im so greatful for my ability to run and meloxicam to treat inflammation

Tried a new run today. .25mile run/.25mile walk. Feel good about it but think ill shorten the walk distance

7 Likes

Under training on runkeeper you can select guided runs and it has a ton of options. My favorites are the one done by coach Matt. The person is talking to you not just yelling run/walk lol

4 Likes

Learned something new today. Ill have to give that a try.

2 Likes

I broke my 5K sunday streak this past weekend. I was hurting so bad. I’m not sure what I did but my back was flared up bad. Every move I made had me wincing in pain. Very grateful to be feeling better today. Just having the normal amount of discomfort bugging me

7 Likes

I woke up late but still got a run/walk 5k in. I ran .25min/walk .1mi. When i saw my times i thought hmmm i could have done better but hubby said you didnt want to run but did, thats impressive. Heck yeah

6 Likes

My longest run so far. A very slow pace. I’ve only been running for a few months now, but it was an important run for me because I am practicing keeping my heart rate down and trying to keep a steady pace (except the end, I got a bit excited and did a small zoomie :grin:)

7 Likes

I’ve had some struggle running lately and didn’t post them :see_no_evil: I have some on the books for this weekend and am hoping they are better :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Good speed work this morning :tada::running_woman:t2::heart: I like how Strava broke it down. Garmin didn’t do it like that :unamused:

4 Likes

It was a good run. A bit windy but still pleasant.

5 Likes

Some solid work this morning :tada: It was a wonderful 62F. 50-60F is some of my favorite running weather. Not too hot but also not too cold

4 Likes

I usually try to start the month with a long run but between work and studying this was the best I had in me this evening!

4 Likes

Its my 37th birthday and i got #1 in my age bracket for a 5k race yay. Joined the local running club officially and got new running shoes. I think im adapting a running lifestyle…

Im still hung up on not being able to run a 5k non stop. I have a run/walk method. But hell, ive got my best time yet!

8 Likes

Even with walk breaks you are super fast! You’ll be able to run the whole thing in no time. Congratulations on 1st place and Happy Birthday :gift::balloon::birthday::confetti_ball:

2 Likes

Thanks @Runningfree you inspire me!

1 Like

I’ve just started running 2 weeks ago :blush:
So, I’m pretty new here and in my running journey :smiling_face:
I have never thought I will enjoying it some day, but miracles happens :grin:

4 Likes

Happy birthday @Cjp :balloon:
Girl you are fast :racing_car:

I had 5km run today morning and my legs are killing me now. Wtf is this?! Am I suddenly getting old with the speed of light?!

4 Likes

Just got back training last week for a 10k race at the end of October, feels great! I picked up some new New Balance shoes and I am doing the 8 week’s training with my partner - in life and recovery. Such great gifts, 956 days clean today!

3 Likes

Have you ever done a 10k before? Im debating attempting one in oct

2 Likes