Running in Recovery in 2024

Quick Afternoon Run

5 Likes

My 2 cents…

If you want to run further nonstop, slow your pace down. Way down. Your overall time will likely be slower than your run/walk method at first, but you can then start slowly building up the pace (if you want to) on subsequent runs.

You are entering the “Mad Scientist” phase of running. Awesome!:grinning:

5 Likes

@Runningfree Did you see this?

Just over 12 min miles for over 100 miles on mountain trails!?!

4 Likes

Gearing up for something special in 11 days! :sob::sob::sob:

5 Likes

I didn’t see that!! I follow a different athlete that was there but I didn’t hear about her. That is a hard race! I need to know how she did that

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback @Gorden !

1 Like

Todays run! 10/10 for me. Very lightweight and breathable. It also absorbs the brunt of the impact when I run. I definitely think this will become a staple for runners.

4 Likes

Still working through this garmin plan. I like that the plan is confident in me doing a half in the planned time :joy: I’ve just been checking out plans on different apps. I’m kind of thinking of going back to just doing what I want when this is over

6 Likes

Today’s run! Gearing up for my second half marathon next Sunday so I’m trying to vary my mileage accordingly so as to avoid burnout! Looking for a completion between 1:30-1:45. Finished my 1st in 1:59.

5 Likes

I’ve been in a bit of a slide in life and running lately. Today’s run was good. Best one I’ve had since May, so hopefully things are turning around.

5 Likes

:fire::fire::fire: That’s an amazing pace for such a distance! Great job!

1 Like

I have such s busy weekend! My sister with her man and daughter from London are here, my aunt from Poland… I had race yesterday. They were all supporting me there, especially my boys :sweat_smile: I finished as 6th from 35 women! Was such a fun!

6 Likes

Nice! That’s a great picture!

1 Like

I love this!!!

2 Likes

Got my run on this morning but didn’t post about it. We are getting to the nice weather running time. It was 60f which is the perfect temperature for me. I stepped off a curb wrong on my run yesterday and had pain shoot through back :unamused::sob: Have some more mri testing tomorrow. Hopefully they will figure out what’s wrong soon and fix me

5 Likes

Way to grind!

2 Likes

Yesterday went for another run. 2.5 songs, 1.5 songs, then a few 1 songs. Got up a good sweat and red face, my daughter was chuckling at me when I got back. Any run is better than sitting on the couch!

11 Likes

Today’s run

7 Likes

Woke up too early today… so I’m going to celebrate my 10th day by running 10km basically it’s gonna be probably 11 to 12 as per Garmin’s adaptive coach 5+30+30 opt+5. Two cups of coffee and one black tea are guaranteed today :joy:

8 Likes

Good morning. Sore legs and a fire in my belly says that I’m training well and I have a hunger for more. Really need the next few weeks to go we’ll. I have a massive goal on the table for October & I want it so bad.

7 Likes