Running in Recovery in 2024

Both mind and body were in a good place today :tada: Took only 2 walks breaks!! I mostly focused on my breathing. This was a solid run.

8 Likes

Basically a similar run to last time. Going to try to get to running for 3 songs, and to keep that going for the whole run. I keep petering out as the run progresses. Saw my first wild snake! It just slithered across the path in front of me, and when I stopped to look at it, it stopped and looked back at me for a bit. Probably a meter or so long - very cool!

7 Likes

Just passed 500 miles ran so far this year! For context last year in total I ran 489 miles so this is big for me!

9 Likes

Interval training today in gym as the weather outside is awful. Did 15min WU followed by intervals 5 x 1min @ 3:53 min/km / 1 min rest, then 4 x 1min @ 3:30 min/km also 1min rest, with 15min cooldown. Man, it was intense! 1° to 1,5° elevation, burned 658 kcal . Still way to go, but proud of myself aerobic condition is improving :wink: Wish you all well folks,

6 Likes

The Countdown to the DC Half Begins! 2 days! :man_running:t5::dash:

6 Likes

Super excited for you! @HakeemOsman do you have goals for yourself??

1 Like

Thank you! I’m hoping to finish in 1:45-1:53. My first 1/2 marathon I finished in 1:59 so I would really like to at least beat that time. Also that will be my 20th day sober so it’ll be a fun way to celebrate!

2 Likes

Awesome goals brother!

1 Like

Thank you! Hoping to make them reality!

This was such good stuff. Had to get up early to get it done before heading out for my yoga/ paddle board class. The humidity was THICK this morning!

5 Likes

Yoga / Paddle Board?

My mind: “Does not compute!”

2 Likes

:joy::joy: It was yoga on the dock followed by an hour of paddle boarding. I would totally be down to try yoga on the paddle board though. The instructor said I got great balance :nail_care::tada:

3 Likes

Haha! Sounds great actually!

1 Like

Sounds like fun! I would love to try

1 Like

A bit different run than usuall. No asphalt, zero houses, cars… Only nature. It was great. I got there on my bike (around 5km) so I had nice warmup and cool down gratis. Nice views gratis as well.

7 Likes

Congratulations! Very good race!:muscle:t2:

1 Like

Hello “running mates”! :smile:

I hope this joke doesn’t sound too stupid to an English native speaker. Sorry for that.:wink:

We’ve got autumn-like weather in Germany (yeah! :fallen_leaf:), and my running instantly improved.

3 Likes

Goodluck @HakeemOsman

2 Likes

My main goal was to not walk the recovery intervals and I didn’t!! :tada::tada: Made some of my 20 seconds sprints a bit slower but that’s ok. I was working on “switching gears”

Good luck @HakeemOsman :running_woman:t2::tada:

6 Likes

Thats a smart way to train! Thank you btw! I finished 11 minutes faster than my first 1/2!

7 Likes