Running in Recovery in 2024

Thank you! I managed to get it done in 1:48 so I’m pumped! Also 20 days today!

3 Likes

Impressive job! Happy, healthy 20 days sober to you sir!

2 Likes

Thank you so much! Onward we march! 30 days next! Just taking it ODAAT.

2 Likes

Hi runners, wanted to say hello before I go to bed for hopefully decent sleep…:smiley: This is my 15th day of being sober and my 17th of my training plan which btw, is a good one, mostly based on a new adaptive Garmin training plan (run, 10km, goal 4:42min/km pace or better). Did tempo and interval training today, very fruitful heh. Wish you only productive trainings :muscle:

6 Likes

I’m doing one at the end of October myself. It’ll be my first race since 2018.

Did you decide to go for it?

4 Likes

Im gonna wait on the 10k but apparently at orangetheory gym i signed up for a dritri. 2000m row, 300 weighted reps, 3.1m run :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Today’s run

4 Likes

Take a day off @HakeemOsman lol

2 Likes

You know, I really want to but the way my Calisthenics training is set up, and because it’s football Monday and I’m gonna eat trashy, I kinda have to :sob::sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

Hey i hear that!

1 Like

Progression runs are hard for me. After going for so long I find it hard to pick it up. I wish garmin would break it down like the first picture instead of lumping it all into 1 run part. The humidity here is terrible! It was 88% this morning

2 Likes

Another run of two or one song intervals. Want to get to three soon, but the bloody heat is not going away.

4 Likes

Speed run

5 Likes

Had to run off some of this studying stress. I’ve been staying up so late to study and work on my policy proposals for school and I’m freaking exhausted, hence why I fell short of 5 miles lol gonna listen to my body tonight and get some rest.

3 Likes

Did 30min of legs/barbell and then 2.5mi run/walk. I didnt feel like working on endurance today so i did short bursts 0.25mi run and 0.10 walk intervals. Could be better but enjoying the sense of accomplishment after waking up at 515am and getting my body moving

5 Likes

I couldn’t sleep so I went running in the moonlight at like 5am :crazy_face:

5 Likes