Running sober 2021

Hi @Runforit

I’m a runner mountain biker BMX guy, running is more to improve cardio not really a hobby.

4 Likes

Cool, running is for my sanity and CV fitness. Can’t stand treadmills though!

1 Like

I feel you, if I’m running, I want it outside I also want people to think a t-rex is chasing me

3 Likes

Haha, yes!

Runner here on and off for years and picked it back up with my sobriety. I usually go to the gym but try to mix in 2 or 3 runs a week. My gym is closed now due to covid and the weather has made made it hard to get motivated to run the last 2 weeks but I’ll get back out there. It does wonders for my anxiety and overall mental health.

3 Likes

I thought PA was opening gyms again? I cancelled my membership cause mine refused to stop charging me for membership I cant use

1 Like

PA opened gyms then they closed them all early December until January 4th as of now. Some have remained open but mine didn’t. That’s frustrating that they kept charging you. From what I can see mine hasn’t been charging me when they have been closed. Cancelling a gym membership can be a huge mess depending on the gym. I’m at gold’s and hear it’s a nightmare trying to cancel so I’ve just dealt with it.

Yeah I was in 1440, I looked for one in VA near me and its like 2 hours away, so I requested to cancel called emailed you name it not a response I had to stop payment on the card

1 Like

A friend of just went through the same thing with golds. Had to stop payment in the card and mark them as fraudulent. One shouldn’t have to go to that extent.

Hi all! I moved these comments to this new thread to help the other thread not get derailed. :slightly_smiling_face:

I am a runner as well, slow and low mileage. I really enjoy getting out there (have never run on a treadmill…but 100% miss my fitness classes at the gym since Covid). Made it thru my first Florida summer running, so am quite pleased with that. Used to live in Vermont and ran all winter…I definitely prefer cold weather running to humid running.

Anyway…welcome runners!!

:running_woman::running_woman::running_woman::running_woman:

5 Likes

And if anyone is interested in a couch to 5k training plan, the one below is effective and very gentle in building your stamina (ignore the dates).

5 Likes

I absolutely love running. Competing with myself is my motivation. Always striving to make progress. Mind, body and soul connect!
Just left a long term treatment program locked down because of covid. First things first 5 miles and a meeting. Im grateful that I’m healthy and able.
I encourage all.

1 Like

Too cold for me… on the treadmill, lol

1 Like

Keep up the good the good work

1 Like

Sassy, you know I’m still in Vermont, and I love running in the cold weather. We had 5" fresh snow today and I did 4 miles! If the snow stays, it’ll be time soon to install my homemade cleats to my running shoes. I have some Asics that are 100% Goretex covered that I use exclusively for mud and snow running. I’ll screw some sheet metal hex head screws into the tread for traction on ice. The trick is to get the head proud enough to help on ice, but deep enough to not making running on pavement hazardous or uncomfortable.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I used to do for winter running!! So jealous you are enjoying some cool running. Enjoy!!!