Scared for friday

The weekend is coming & im so anxious. Im 3 days no alcohol after a really bad two week binge. Ive been okay partially because I work mon-fri & its easier to distract myself during the week. The coming weekend makes me nervous it was so justifiable to drink obscene amounts on the weekends. I really want to be sober. Im so embarrassed of my behavior these past months it kills me I’ve ruined so many events/nights for people in my life. I used to drink to stop thinking about how ashamed I am & now I’m not & it makes it so much more real. Deciding to get sober is a humbling experience. I was thinking of finding a meeting & trying the AA program. Thanks for listening guys much appreciated❤

4 Likes

You CAN make it through the weekend. Your memories of past nights should be in the forefront of your mind if you need reminding.
Weekends are really just another day(s). Another 24 hours.
Come here if you feel like you need support. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Thats what I keep telling myself. As much as I don’t want to rerun my past nights its necessary to stay sober

Thank you @anon79808082

1 Like

I totally understand how you are feeling but you have to remember that Friday is just another day that ends in y. Yes it is easier to keep busy with work M-F but is is also just as easy to drink M-F. Keep yourself busy this weekend. I don’t know what the COVID situation is where you live but try to get out and go for a walk…maybe go window shopping. Get out a puzzle. Clean out your closet.

But most importantly, spend as much time as you can here…reading or posting. Here are people who understand what you are going through. We’re here to help.

YOU CAN DO IT!!

4 Likes

Finding a meeting or recovery program is a great idea. With online meetings, you could fill a lot of your weekend easily with something recovery focused.

I think the fear is healthy. It’s you realizing that you don’t want to do what you’ve been doing. Use the fear of drinking again as a catalyst for change. You know exactly what you’re going to get when you drink and it’s not going to get better.

Glad you’re here and if needed, spend a bunch of time here over the weekend, as well!

2 Likes

Three days is great! I know that the weekend can seem intimidating since you won’t have work, but there are plenty of things you can do to stay sober busy. Do you have any hobbies you enjoy? Maybe you can start a new project? I’d also recommend finding a meeting or two. It’s good to surround yourself with people who are also working on their sobriety, and a happy reminder that you’re not alone in what you’re doing!

3 Likes

@TSan thank you❤ wasnt expecting it to be this emotionally fragile yes the gyms are partially open & i plan on going early Saturday & Sunday. Im looking into meetings now I plan on attending quite a few to keep me busy

@anon28001181 the fear is whats driving me. I would be more concerned if I wasn’t this last bender of mine was pretty bad. Thank you so much for the kind words its greatly appreciated

1 Like

@VSue

Your right the weekend is just a day. Im going to the gym & then I may go walk on the boardwalk. Window shopping actually sounds like a good idea. Im making a list of everyone’s suggestions to try & come back to if I feel overwhelmed

1 Like

Coming up on my second sober weekend! My first weekend I treated myself and used my bar money to buy myself some nice things :hugs: this weekend I’m not so fortunate- I actually over treated myself last weekend :joy: but my dog needs to walk, car could be cleaned up, laundry to do, audible credits to use, tons of things to stay busy. Are they incredibly fun? Lol ah, no. But there is something I’m finding super satisfying about a day spent productively

Finding a meeting is a great idea! Keep yourself busy this weekend. Meeting people & making sober connections at a meeting will help too.

Chec out some of the links here:
Resources for our recovery

Don’t give up and don’t be afraid to change things up. Spend your time reading here, commenting; visit a park; go to three meetings if you want to. Try an online meeting too:
Online meeting resources

Remember: you are permitted to do anything safe and legal to maintain your sobriety. There are no limits other than those.

1 Like