11 Likes

You.Can.Do.This!

You can! Do this!

Keep your quit!

Welcome to Talking Sober! : )

1 Like

Just take it an hour at a time. The future isn’t now so it doesn’t matter yet

2 Likes

Im the same as you only just started, first full day today , you are stronger than you believe, small steps , one day at a time , that should the way I’m thinking , little successes on a daily basis . Everyone has there way of coping , I’m finding writing my thoughts down is helping , good luck .

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum! So glad you are here and reaching out.

Building connections with people who understand can really help. What is it you are getting clean from? While there are some things that are helpful to all of us in recovery, different addictions can affect us differently.

You might find this useful for a general introduction to the forum and lots of helpful links to get started with:

1 Like

You can do it. Hour by hour, day by day. I belive in you.

1 Like

Thanks everyone.

Welcome @newbeginnings2 and @Beccy81 it’s lovely to have you here with us. This place is amazing! Lean on us. Read around to distract yourself. Together we are stronger :pray:t2::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Please hang in there. I tried for years. I have 3 months. I did all kinds of things. In the end I went to three meetings a day until the compulsion stopped. I had to baby myself. Your worth it!

3 Likes

I know it’s going to be hard…I just don’t want this type of life anymore. I want a new me, a new life. I want new beginnings

4 Likes

You have them this minute. I know it’s hard. Just ask yourself what you need this minute. A snack, close your eyes. Pic of a giraffe, hug yourself, hot Epsom salt bath, miso soup, read a minute, hide in a meeting, be present in a meeting, etc. All things I did and do. Just one think I dont do is pick up. I had to watch my coffee got my mind racing. xoxo. I believe in you like lots of people!!!

3 Likes

Welcome! A clean and sober life is one worth fighting for. Coming here is a great first step. Read as much as you can here, participate a lot.

2 Likes

Yeah. Being scared is part of the process. Getting sober is scary. Seriously. Haunted Houses should have a “sobriety” room. And a money back reward if you make it through that room without falling apart.

The good news is that you have found your flock. We know how scary it is. We can help you figure it out and we can support you when you need it most.

1 Like

I’m so mad at myself. I fell off the wagon

1 Like

What happened, happened. But it doesn’t have to happen again. Are you safe? Do you have somewhere you can go?

You’re a good person and you deserve a safe, sober life.

I just got depressed and started to think about my brother who passed away 2 years ago

1 Like

That’s so sad. Were you two close?

Very close
I just miss him so much :cry:

1 Like

I’m so sorry for your loss. It’s really hard to work through such pain and trying to abstain from numbing substances at the same time. But it’s still worth it. I was in a similar situation and I asked myself: What if the beloved person who died could tell me something now. What would they say, they would want me to do? And I was sure, it would be something like: Don’t throw away your life, because it’s precious. I’m not there anymore, but you are. And you’re a gift. Protect yourself, don’t harm yourself.

Also you might want to seek professional help, because it seems that there’s a lot of work to do and therapy can help to keep you on track.

I’m sorry about that. It’s so hard to lose someone you are close with. It’s so hard to navigate those memories too. They come to us sometimes without warning & we feel the pain again.

Take care of yourself and show love and compassion for yourself, just the same as you would show for your brother. Be gentle with yourself and give yourself enough rest, food, and attention, so that you get what you need.