September pushup challenge

I’m glad y’all like it!! I’ll make a thread for October closer to the end of the month. I’ll find some example videos for the moves you mentioned @SinceIAwoke

4 Likes

And those burpees, that’s where you drink as much seltzer water as you can, right?

3 Likes

I am in. Makes up 10 min. Sounds good :grinning:

3 Likes

You crack me up :joy:

2 Likes

Rest day!!

2 Likes

I like this one, I’m in! :clap:t2:

2 Likes

Day 23, rest day.

Life is a hard battle anyway. If we laugh and sing a little as we fight the good fight of freedom, it makes it all go easier. I will not allow my life’s light to be determined by the darkness around me.
Sojourner Truth

3 Likes

Day 24 done :ok_hand:

6 Likes

Day 24 :ballot_box_with_check:- got 20 in a row!! Then did 10 and 5.
20 in a row is the most I’ve been able to do :confetti_ball::tada:

4 Likes

Day 24 and day 25 done. 40/20/10/5 with 30 seconds, 15 seconds and 10 seconds in between. 2 stars, would not recommend. :crazy_face:

4 Likes

And about that skipped day…

The test of the artist does not lie in the will with which (he) goes to work, but in the excellence of the work (he) produces.
St. Thomas Aquinas

3 Likes

Day 25☑️ Was able to do sets of 10 until the last set. Broke those into 5

4 Likes

Hi you are all doing really well, im improving daily.
75 push ups 5 sets of 15 30 seconds between sets.
100 squats in 5 sets of 20 30 seconds between sets.
Then the following day I do
75 dips and 75 curls
I alternate my days and go to work on sober wobbly legs one day and aching arms and stomach the next.
Can feel a big improvement and im really enjoying getting my fitness back despite struggling this week to stay sober which i have really worked hard on and feel great for maintaining being alcohol free.
Working on my fitness is giving me the confidence to continue working hard on being sober.

4 Likes

That’s great!! Will you be joining us for the October challenge?

Yes, definitely and looking forward to it.
I will be doing my exercises after work when I would normally start drinking in the pub.
How do you feel after a year being sober?

1 Like

It actually doesn’t feel that different. Reminds me of a birthday. I always get super excited leading up to the day but then it just feels like another day lol

Essentially thats what it is I guess, a measure of how far you have come in a year, a time to reflect and also a time to remind yourself that your still going. A huge achievement :+1:. Im like that each day :rofl::upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Day 26 :ballot_box_with_check:- happy to say all still unmodified and I have no plans on changing that!! :tada::confetti_ball: it’s a nice feeling. :blush: Have a good day y’all

3 Likes

Day 26 done!

Is he writing about booze here?

O serpent heart hid with a flowering face!
Did ever a dragon keep so fair a cave?
Beautiful tyrant, feind angelical, dove feather raven, wolvish-ravening lamb! Despised substance of devinest show, just opposite to what thou justly seemest - A dammed saint, an honourable villain!
William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet

4 Likes

Took 24 as my rest
25✅
26✅
27 Rest :+1:

Home stretch now

5 Likes