Server Migration

Hello, everyone!

We had some issues with the hosting of the server. Pages were loading slowly, timeouts and disconnects started to become common.

The server was struggling to cope with the amount of load it was put under by the almost 900 registered users (yay!) and many other readers who have not yet registered.

I migrated the forum to a new hosting provider and upgraded the server to be more powerful.

There’s good news and there’s bad news…

Okay, I’ll start with the good first:

• The new server is 4 times as powerful as the old one! User load will not be a problem anymore
  • We now have double the space we had, so no more crashes due to space running out.
  • The new server is located in Northern America, which is close to most of the users on here. This means faster page loads :grinning:

The bad news is that I was unable to recover some posts from earlier today. I sincerely apologize to anyone who’s posts have gone missing. I wish I could carry them over. On the bright side though, we now have all the more reason to post some more.

As always if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

2 Likes

Good job @Robin
Seems to be working fine now…thanks for keeping the site maintained for us to use!
If you ever need help with anything here feel free to ask!

It’s a pleasure @Rikk. That’s what I’m here for :slight_smile:
Enjoy the new server!

1 Like