Share your hobbies

Hello I am a recovering alcoholic
I amd a chef and I play percussion since I was 5
Happy new years!

5 Likes

Hi Josh. Welcome to the group! Where you from?

I’m from Ontario canada!

You all have some creative hobbies! Very impressive!

1 Like

@Dejavu, @anon12657779 and others. I know it’s winter for us, but am I the only one who wants to talk about camping/backpacking more?

4 Likes

The first rule of hiking club: Talk about hiking club!

5 Likes

I’m some sort of bedroom musician I guess :smiley: i’ve played guitar since 1996, played in a band as a teenager and have fiddled around with some electronic stuff too. I also bought a DJ controller few months back and been practicing with that.

I also collect records and play pc-games, mostly X-plane 11. I’m like 85% certain I could totally land solo a 737 irl in an emergency :thinking:

On outdoors I do geocaching.

3 Likes

Already had it bookmarked. :grin:

3 Likes

My cat peed on my backpack and its impossible to get the stank out now. I’m gonna gave to buy a new one. This is a good thing though because my old one was only 45 cubic litres, good for an overnighted but that’s about it. I need a little more space for at least 3 days.

What kind of backpack are you working with Mr. @Eke?

1 Like

Lifting, sewing, and watching Live PD. Just a few of my hobbies.

2 Likes

I’ve got an olllld Gossamer Gear Mariposa Plus, 60 L. Used from a friend. Love it but I’ve had to stitch it up a few times already.

Thinking it’s time to try a new pack, too! Maybe another GG or looking at… Dang, can’t remember. My boss’s pack. It’s nice.

Bicarb of soda, vinegar and a bit of lemon in a spray bottle will help with the cat smell. Let it soak in then. Soak in water

Hi Siand!

Thank you for showing interest.

In active use I had one hobby and that was using everything kinda had to fit in with my using.

Nowadays

I love to work on and ride my lowriders. This is a Pic of my current project.

I also like to game a bit, Xbox fanboy.

Reading, although I am finding it hard to get in to it at this time in my recovery. I lack patience and that damn phone keeps me off it. That should be a goal for this year limit my screentime and up my book time :-).

I just bought that Ford Model A I have been sporting on the forum. This is a project originated from my father’s passion for old cars. And know we can work on the engine of this beaut starting March I suppose when it starts to warm up a bit.

I find giving out keytags at the meeting feels like a hobby :slight_smile: I would hate for that service to pass.

1 Like

So I usually restrict my succulent hobby to April thru September/October, when I can grow outdoors. I tried indoor winter growing 4-5 years ago, and it was a bust.

Yesterday went to a new home/garden place with a huge nursery, and after seeing their BEAUTIFUL cactus collection, I decided I had to give indoor growing another shot. Went back today and got some lighting suggestions from the lady there, also a succulent enthusiast, we talked for about 20 mins and she really knows her stuff.

Just put this together after I got home. This is actually my first arrangement consisting strictly of cacti (FYI: all cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are cacti). They seem to be a bit more tolerant of less-than-ideal conditions. Should get some flowering from them in the summer once they’re able to be outdoors :blush:

6 Likes

Sweet little cactus! Do you have a special light for them?

I have lots of succulents here in Florida. They love the weather and the deer don’t (usually) eat them. Lots of different varieties. They are easy to propagate as well…I give them as gifts a lot. :heart:

1 Like

Thank you! I’m getting one. Another reason I love this new store is they are honest. She could have sold me $50 combined for the bulb/lamp housing, but instead pulled up Amazon and showed me a bulb/housing for $15 thats just as good.

I WISH that I lived somewhere that I could grow them outdoors full time. I’m working on convincing the GF that moving to the southwest would be a great choice at some point down the line :wink:

2 Likes

We’re in business. So frikkin bright though.

4 Likes

Love it!!!

1 Like

HOCKEY! Not sure who your team is but mine is the Ducks.

First pic is my family bay where I top up and self care.
Second pic displays my mind shattering photography skills :joy: Love taking photos but not a professional.
And lastly, my new found passion is talking to fishies.
Moved from the city to the Bush and loving it. I free dive for seafood, go offroading, beach life, learning to hunt shortly and living of the land.

11 Likes