Share your hobbies

Aww what a bummer!!!

1 Like

At least it wasnt a baby…

1 Like

For what it’s worth, it still looks pretty amazing.

4 Likes

Thanks @MandiH @DungeonMaster @Jante76

I’m not as bent out of shape about it this morning, I think it was just the immediate disappointment that hit me. I’ve killed plenty of these things, just part of the hobby (although never quite as swiftly or violently!)

I am going to try and get it to regenerate from the stump. I’ve only been able to successfully do it a few times. Regrowing is another piece of the hobby that I don’t get into too often. But, she has a good root system in place and some leaves remaining to soak up sun. I think I can get it to work. It’s an interesting thing, that they can regenerate. Just a patience game. Let’s see how my skills are :wink:

3 Likes

Lovely! It will grow back, probably a little transformed but still beautiful! A local nursery had a big cacti/succulent sale and I put together a few planters. Plants indoors always have a calming effect :seedling:

5 Likes

I love Rugby, my favourite team is the All Blacks

1 Like

Oh, yeah! that’s a gorgeous arrangement you have there! Awesome work.

I’m hoping I can get it to come back, but yeah, even if it does it’ll be a littly wonky, most likely. It was a beautiful pearl von nurnburgh. We’ll see what happens. If something catches my eye at the garden center, I’ll just replace it with that. If I do, I’ll move this one to it’s own pot for its “rehab” :joy:

2 Likes

Making an underseat sub box. Wood worker I am not lol. Still measuring twice and cutting twice but I’m pleased with my progress

6 Likes

Hope it does come back!

I bought one and it seems to be doing ok so far. Your advice on the watering, light, and leaf structure has really helped. So your little guy has a great fighting chance!

1 Like

Well I wasn’t going to buy any new ones for a while, but I took it as a sign when at the exact moment I walked into the garden center, they were wheeling in a pallet of just-in echevarias.
Bought a new pot too, just for them. Should have some real nice colors once they get a bit of sun on them.

Update on my other ones – no growth yet on the one I accidentally beheaded last week. But these new ones make me happy too.

7 Likes

Decided to start restoring furniture with 10 layers of paint on it from 1980 :woman_facepalming:

5 Likes

Remember that beautiful purple succulent I beheaded by mistake? Was going to try and regrow, but not too confident in it?

SHE COMIN’ BACK, YA’LL.

13 Likes

Amazing! That’s good news. You will have quite the collection.

1 Like

Show us the final results! I love those projects.

1 Like

I have managed to keep mine going so far! Think it’s looking pretty healthy?

1 Like

1950s scale redo

1 Like

That’s awesome! Do you do things up to sell or to keep?

This is a new found hobby. I’m no where close to being done with the table and just happened upon a picture of a redone scale and I just happened to have one. I still use it to weigh things in the kitchen, cuz I’m a nerd like that. So just for personal use. I also have an old dresser from my childhood with a large drawer and 2 smaller ones above it and a large mirror. I want to tackle that as well. I can’t imagine I’ll ever be that good that I am flipping and selling furniture, but who knows. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Well what a cool hobby. It must be such a sense of achievement when you get something finished! And I imagine the process is very cathartic too.

A bit of a metaphor for sobriety too, breathing new life into interesting things!

Updates

The newest ones are starting to really flourish after nearly a months worth of proper care. My older two are really blowing up, big and healthy, one is spitting up a flower stalk. The pearle that I accidentally beheaded is well on her way back to full glory. Growth is beauty.

6 Likes