Should I create a sober dating site?

Is that the one created for here or did you randomly come across it?

They should call it the 13th step.com

5 Likes

I just stick to good ole Bumble it’s like hot or not for adults

Damn if I didn’t object so hard I’ll definitely sign up for that one. You made me chuckle.

2 Likes

Haha! Sorry but that’s a great name for a bar

1 Like

that’s awrsome

Ahhhh the lawyers I know have one mantra, make rich people richer bc that’s how you are gonna get yours

Haha that’s so true!

I’m a trial attorney. Never a fan of the making money side lol. Always assigned counsel in family court or eviction defense.

1 Like

Got to get them fun coupons!

TLayDh2IZOHPW

3 Likes

Two for one at the local Sizzler

Thank you for your votes so far. It looks to be leaning towards “Yes” right now.

1 Like

Dating and first year recovery don’t mix. Do you want to get sober or do you wanna find another reason to relapse? Two sickies don’t make a well couple. Focus on you, get your house in order before you inflict your stuff on anyone. Once recovery is strong we tend to make the best partners going. Patience. It’ll all come good in the end. For those with long term recovery, I believe most of us don’t seek another person in recovery. It’s only those early on the road that do. Just my experience.

1 Like

That’s not to say a couple both in long term recovery can’t work (it most certainly can) but two in early recovery nearly always ends in relapse. It can be highly dangerous.

Kinda wondering where you landed on this @Robin?
I’m out of the game, but I’d be interested in seeing how it goes.

Yesssss. I have a S/O. finding people who AREN’T trying to get into eachothers pants, now that’s the issue.

I need friends, sober friends! And for an emotionally stunted shut in it’s pretty damn difficult.

2 Likes

There are liars everywhere. That part is kind of on you to figure out. It’s just connecting people, then you do your own “research” on them. I will say I think that there should be a feature where you can flag these people and they are removed if another member finds they are predatory or a straight up liar.

We pretty much do have that system. If it happens contact a mod or another longer term member and it will be taken care of.

Or do you mean on the still theoretical dating site?

Im pretty sure this sided more on the no side. Did you ever talk to robin about legal issues with it? I love catchin catfish! @Beechasebee