Shout Outs

@Englishd, Derek, you are a daily source of hope, amusement, and insight. My younger brother.

@C-sun, I just fucking adore you.

@DungeonMaster, Rob, thank you for teaching me to be a more empathetic, less judgmental person.

@anon37742172, Jessi, my sister from another family, I think we have so many similarities. I admire your commitment to yourself, your girls, Chris, and your sobriety. Our differences delight me, and I learn from you every day.

@Yoda-Stevie, Stevie, I haven’t posted much about my story, but suffice it to say, I’m skittish around men. Not you. Not ever. You feel safe. And that’s the highest compliment I can give.

@Bill_Phillips, Bill, my brother in arms in the kitchen. Thanks to you I now know to put jalapenos in my bbq sauce. My husband had received no greater gift. Lol. You’re wise and kind, never judgmental.

@MandiH, Mandi, you always give me hope and smiles. Your dedication is a daily inspiration and your voice is awesome!

I’m leaving lots of people out. Obviously @Robin, I think I owe you my life. This forum has helped me more than any other single recovery program. :heart:

7 Likes

@MoCatt you are such a companion to me on here and big part of my sobriety, I appreciate you everyday :heart:

Thanks to everyone on talking sober, everyone adds so much in their own way.

4 Likes

Thanks! I swear I have no idea how I helped anyone to be that way, but I’ll take it anyway!

@anon37742172 I figured I’d create this thread to be not just a praise and adulation thread, but also a chance to give atta-boys and words of encouragement. It’s all about thinking of others and reaching out to them when you’re thinking of them. Not necessarily a long singular post for everyone. Come back frequently whenever someone comes to mind. That’s what I plan to do!

Also, I’m grateful for Jessi, because she shows such resiliency in the face of adversity. And speaking of that, I think of @C-sun. Such a strong woman who doesnt allow the world to beat her down, even though it’s like it is trying to burn her home to the ground.

You guys lift me up! cue Josh Groban music

3 Likes

Thanks for the mention your doing great and it was nice to meet you in person hopefully we can again meet for a coffee, of to Spain this afternoon checked out the meetings and ill give them a visit if Sheilas ok with that lol

4 Likes

Thanks for the shout-out @Sober_Ninja! You also have been an inspiration to me. So right back at you.

2 Likes

Thanks for the shout-out @NewPerspective! You also have been an inspiration to me. So right back at you.

2 Likes

Oh how lovely to be missed and remembered …thank you :slight_smile: glad you’re doing so well x

5 Likes

A big :kiss: for you!

1 Like

Yeah like I forgot you, @C-sun and @MandiH who are here on my journey now. So many come and go, it’s so hard to remember everyone. In @Twowaymirror style I will just say you’re all awesome and I love you.

2 Likes

I still really miss @MrsJones she is amazing.

2 Likes

Shout out to my Higher Power, He’s by far been my biggest supporter and closest confidant.

2 Likes

@C-sun holds a special place in my circle of sober friends. She’s the first with whom I connected one-on-one. Plus, she’s a fellow Virginian transplant, like me.

3 Likes

That is a high compliment, and I am honored.

So I know I am going to forget some people and I’m sorry, but when I first joined @DowntroddenGoat @C-sun @Meggers and @Rosey were awesome. Since then @Yoda-Stevie @MoCatt @MandiH @Gabe.G @Outofash @Betterbee

9 Likes

@CaptAZ @Bill_Phillips @Twowaymirror @Hope0110 @DungeonMaster @Jante76 @Neighbrofthebeast668 @Donnie_Spiering @anon59060877 have been awesome @NewPerspective too

6 Likes

And the original mods @Robin @Steve92

2 Likes

Yay! I got a shout out! Us steel city folk just bond super fast. It’s that blue collar mentality.

The first people I noticed when I was a rookie poster were @C-sun and @Just4Today. It was the prof pics. But everything they said stuck out to me as well. @Donut89 caught my eye soon after. That’s because all three of these lovely ladies share an attitude with me, in different ways. @Yoda-Stevie and @Steve92 were so secure in their recovery process and I was in awe. Especially since I had a lot more time than Yoda and I was (and still am in a lot of ways) a lost, wounded puppy.

7 Likes

There are so many more who have become a part of my daily life, @Twowaymirror, @Englishd, @anon37742172, @MandiH, @DungeonMaster (who is also a fellow book nerd, along with @Ninetales), @CaptAZ, @anon46927530 (miss you bro), @DowntroddenGoat and @NewPerspective.

7 Likes

And a big shout out to @Clay91. Even if you never come back to this crazy city you will always be from Pittsburgh.

Sorry for the many others I missed. Love you all!

4 Likes

Hey, there’s a heart on my picture! Thanks @Robin for dealing with all the crap we are putting you through. You are an amazing man who is doing an amazing thing for a bunch of rowdy addicts!

5 Likes